AutoCAD default is used to create the Linetype for everyday purposes. However, sometimes it creates trouble while creating the personalized Linetype, especially for those who don’t know about AutoCAD and are new to the field. But with some express tools installed, you can create the custom Linetype easily.
The visual property in AutoCAD is controlled and monitored by the Linetype. The AutoCAD helps find multiple Linetype, which you need to create occasionally with the help of default installation. Therefore, knowing how to create a Linetype can be useful for the learners.
This blog will teach you about progressive strategy and stepwise guide to creating the Linetype using AutoCAD. This helps to create the shape and Text of the objects. However, to incorporate the geometry shapes in the Linetype other than dots, dashes, and Text, you may need to include other shapes and objects.
This Informational Article Is Written By AutoCAD Assignment Help Experts.
Start With Shapes And Hatches Triangle:
Foremost, you need to start with the shapes and hatches triangle. The shapes of the objects contain so many hatches. This needs to be explored that are present inside the triangle. This can be converted into fine lines. You need to select those patterns with lines such as ANSI 3I and don’t contain solid ones. If the pattern is solid, then make sure to select the hatch pattern that has a small size.
You can also create those shapes with the help of “Make Shape”. This command is found in different slides out under the Express Tools of the Tool Panel. After choosing the location, you can save the SHP file. You need to follow different prompts given in the command lines.
Make sure that the SHX file needs are created within the same folder. The next step is to create the patterns or draw model space into the AutoCAD. However, be sure that the pattern will begin with a dash sign. You can also draw it in AutoCAD in the form of lines.
Regarding the Linetype and Text, you also need to create single-line Text in the form of multiline Text, which cannot be inserted into other Linetype. Therefore, to insert any shape form, you need to type the “Shape” manually in the command line.
Add A Name:
You can also add a name that you use while creating the Linetype. In last, you need to insert the point or dot using the point command. Moreover, to create the particular Linetype using AutoCAD from different patterns, you can also use the command “Make Linetype” given in the Tool panel for the ‘Express Tool”. You can also create the new Linetype when asked to select or choose any Linetype file.
Moreover, you can also create a new one from the existing one. In addition to this, picking up any exiting files doesn’t delete any of the existing Linetype from your file. The new Linetype will be added to the existing file. If you open the new LIN File in the text editor, you will notice that the new Linetype is added to the other Linetype as two different lines of Text. This can be modified either directly or indirectly.
The Syntax will be as follows:
- In the given first Linetype, an asterisk will be followed by the name of a particular Linetype. Instead, this doesn’t contain spaces, followed by the optional description and comma.
- The second line will start with the letter A, known as alignment. This is followed by the descriptor patterns separated by different commas.
- Dashes of lines of a certain length given in the drawing unit are represented by different positive numbers.
- The space between the lines present is similar to what was used by the negative numbers.
- Dots into the line can be denoted by zero.
- Text is represented between various square brackets. The following descriptors will separate the commas.
- The text content will be in double-quotes.
- Write the names of the particular text styles.
- You can optionally also include the descriptors such as Upright rotation (u=…)
- Scale (=…)
- X offset (x=…).
- Y offset (y=…).
- Shapes can also be shown between different square brackets with these descriptors separated by the commas. The shapes are as follows: Shape name and Shape filename.
- In addition to this, optionally, you can also include different kinds of descriptors such as those given below:
- Relative Rotation (r=…).
- Absolute Rotation (a=…).
- Upright Rotation (u=…).
- Scale (s=…).
- X offset (x=…).
- Y offset (y=…).
You can also include different comments in the file of LIN by the beginning of the line, including semicolons. This is how you can include the Linetype using AutoCAD.
Alternatively, you can try the command.
- Enter Linetype
- Enter the “C” and then enter again
Be sure that the Linetype only includes limited 255 characters. The Linetype names can also contain digits, letters, and many special characters such as hyphen (-), dollar sign ($), and underscore (_). But the name of the Linetype cannot have the blank spaces.
- In the Append Linetype file dialog box, you must select the pre-existing Linetype. Enter the new file name in the name box and click on save. The new file will be selected from the existing file.
- Enter the Text which shows the new Linetype, and then press enter.
- The Linetype pattern will be prompted as you press the Enter. You need to specify the different patterns for the newly created Linetype and then press Enter again.
Alternatively, you can follow the guidelines:
- The Linetype must start with the sign of the dash
- Enter the 0 for the dots
- Enter the negative real numbers for creating spaces between them. The values of the numbers will define the length of the given spaces given in the drawing units.
- Now, enter positive numbers for creating the dashes. The values will define the entire length of the given dashes present in the drawing units.
- Use different commas to separate dash, dots, and spaces values within the Linetype.
- Enter spaces between dash and dots.
- Now press enter to close the command.
This way, you will be able to create the Linetype with the help of the shrub and shapes created by this.