This guide will provide you with the instructions to add a Bellsouth Email account to the Outlook application.
Configuring the Bellsouth email account on Outlook-
Outlook offers you a way to add your email account. The first is the automatic method, and the second is the manual method. Here is a brief introduction to both of these methods so that you can choose as per your preference.
1. Use an automatic method to add your Bellsouth account-
If you choose the automatic method to add your Bellsouth account, you don’t have to do any configurations. Outlook does it for you. However, you can later check and alter the configurations as per your preference.
- Firstly, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your device and go to the File option.
- Then, click on the Add Account option.
- Next, if you use Outlook 2016, enter your email address and hit the Connect button. If you use Outlook 2013, enter your name, email address, and password. Then hit on the Next button.
- On the next prompt, enter your password again and then click on the OK button.
- Lastly, to finish adding your account, hit on the Finish button.
2. Use the manual method to add your Bellsouth account-
To add your Bellsouth account manually, you must first know your email account’s server settings.
POP3 Incoming and outgoing server settings to add your account-
- Incoming server name- Inbound.att.net
- Port number for incoming server- 995
- SSL- Yes
- Outgoing server name- outbound.att.net
- Port number for Outgoing server- 465
IMAP Incoming and outgoing server settings to add your account-
- Incoming server name- imap.mail.att.net
- Port number for incoming server- 993
- SSL- Yes
- Outgoing server name- smtp.mail.att.net
- Port number for Outgoing server- 465 or 587
- Firstly, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your device.
- Then, open the File tab in the upper left corner of the window screen.
- On the next window, enter your email address and select Advanced Options.
- After that, click on the Let me set up my account manually and select the Connect button.
- Now, select the account type (POP3 or IMAP) for your Bellsouth account.
- Following this, a pre-populated Account Settings screen appears. Please check that all the settings are correct and hit the Next button.
- Lastly, enter your Bellsouth account password and hit the Connect button.
Troubleshooting the issues with your Bellsouth email account-
You can easily set up your Bellsouth account on Outlook by following these instructions. However, check out these troubleshooting methods if you face any issues with login in and sending or receiving emails.
1. Authentication error-
- Make sure to use the correct login details. Or, reset the password for your Bellsouth account if necessary.
- Check that your device is connected to an internet connection. Also, make sure to connect your device to a good internet connection.
- Reload the outlook application and try to log in again.
- Also, ensure to configure your account with the correct server settings.
2. Can’t send emails-
- Check your device is connected to the internet. Also, avoid using public internet connections.
- Also, make sure not to attach big files in the composing emails. Please check the maximum file size limit.
- Check the outgoing and incoming server settings. And make sure that the server settings are correct.
- Delete the spam and useless emails from the inbox.
- Reload the outlook application.
3. Can’t receive the emails-
- Firstly, check that your device is connected to the internet connection.
- Secondly, delete the cache memory and app data.
- Check the Spam email folder.
- Also, make sure you have configured your account with the correct server settings.
- Update the Outlook app if the updates are available.
- Reload the outlook application.
4. “Email account is not working” error-
- Change the password for your Bellsouth account and then try to log in to your account using the secure mail key.
- Reload the application, wait for some time and try to login again to your account.
- Make sure that you configure your account properly. Otherwise, try to reconfigure your account to fix the issue.
- Update the Outlook app.
- Repair your Outlook profile.
- Use the AT&T webmail to log in to your account.
- Disable the firewall.
- Also, disable any third-party software on your device.
- Uninstall the Outlook application, download it again. Then, configure it again to log in to your account.
Steps to Repair your Outlook profile-
If your Outlook profile is corrupted, you can repair your profile. To do so, follow these instructions-
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application, go to the File tab, and choose the Info
- Then, select the Account option and click on the Account Settings.
- After that, choose your account profile on the Email tab and select the Repair
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to repair your Outlook profile.
Reset the Bellsouth account password-
If you don’t know your account password, follow these instructions-
- Firstly, go to com/myatt.
- Then click on the Forgot password?
- Next, you have to complete the password info.
- Choose one option between the Security questions or the Temporary password option to reset the password.
- Then, if you select the Temporary password, you receive a temporary password on your alternative email address. However, if you select the security questions, answer all the questions correctly.
- Lastly, create a new password for your Bellsouth account.
If you know your account password and want to change the password, follow these instructions-
- Firstly, please go to Sign-in info.
- Then, select the Change Password.
- Lastly, please enter the password and save it.
Please make sure to create a new strong password. A strong password consists of an alphabet, an uppercase letter, a number, and a special character (If allowed by the email service provider).
Setting up your Bellsouth email account on Outlook is easy. You only need to choose the setup method. You have two options to set up your account: automatic and manual methods. After choosing the method, the next step is to choose your account service type (POP3 or IMAP). Then, you need to configure the incoming and outgoing server to add your account to Outlook. So, with this note, we hope you find this guide helps with your queries.