Networking devices like Asus routers have been allowing users to gain seamless access to the internet while meeting tough bandwidth requirements easily. If you are looking for help with the Asus router login steps to configure the network settings or change the way your router works, this article will walk you through the complete steps for the same. You’ll also learn ways to find details like the default username, password and the IP address easily.
Asus Router Login : Steps
Before you can begin with the Asus router login procedure, you must meet certain requirements, along with some other things you’ll need handy. Here’s a quick checklist that you can refer to:
- the default web address, or the IP address,
- Default admin credentials,
- Ethernet cable(s).
The default web address or the IP address that you can use are https://www.router.asus.com, and https://192.168.0.1. If you are unable to access the login page using the default IP address, you can search for the same in your computer system by using the Command Prompt application. You can use the ‘ipconfig’ command in the web browser to obtain the correct IP address details.
Checking the Default IP address
Below are some steps you should follow to determine an IP address for your Asus router:
- Connect your computer directly to the Asus router. You can use both an Ethernet cable and wireless connection in order to link the two systems.
- To connect via wire, connect a LAN cable between the LAN port on your router and the ethernet port on your computer.
- To connect wirelessly, turn on the wireless option on your router and navigate to the Networks and Sharing Centre on your desktop. Here, search for the wireless router’s SSID under the available networks section.
- Choose the SSID and then click on the Connect If you’re connecting for the first time, you don’t need to enter a password. If you want to connect for the second attempt i.e. after the wireless is set up, you can make use of the password for your network to connect to both networks.
- After the devices have been connected, press the ‘Windows + R’ command to start the application ‘Run’.
- Enter ‘cmd’ and then press Enter.
- It will open the Command Prompt window. Use the ‘ipconfig’ command and then press enter.
- The program will display the information related to the internet connection of your computer, such as your IP address. Then, you can utilise the IP address to get access to the Asus router’s initial login page.
Default user, password, IP credentials for Asus Router Login
The default admin credentials are also mentioned on the product label of the gadget. Alternatively, you could search for these credentials in the manual of the device. For now, you may make use of the following credentials:
Password: ‘password‘/ ‘1234‘/ ‘admin‘
Default web address: http://www.router.asus.com; http://192.168.0.1
Connection to router network
If you’re trying to login to the Asus Login Page, you’ll need to connect your laptop or mobile device with the router’s local network. Since the interface for login relies on the server of the device, this process is crucial to take into consideration.
You can follow the steps described in the previous section for connecting your computer directly to the router’s network.
Accessing the Asus Router Default Login Page
After you have connected your device or computer to the wireless router network, you can begin by completing the Asus login procedure. Here are a few steps to follow:
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type the URL https://www.router.asus.com or the obtained IP address and press Enter. You will be taken into your Asus Router Login screen.
- If the login page does not appear, make sure you check the accuracy of the internet address you’re using , and then try again.
- After you see the login screen appear on the screen, enter the default credentials, including username and password in their respective text fields.
- Then, press “Login”. You’ll now be logged into your Asus configuration wizard. You can now begin with the further configuration steps.
Changing the admin credentials of Asus Router
The Asus Router default login credentials can be altered to suit your needs through the Asus router setup wizard. You can login to the admin wizard to simply modify them in the respective fields, then click on Save. When you login on your Asus router, you’ll be able to make use of the new credentials. If you lose this information, you’ll have to reset your Asus router. So, it is suggested to keep a copy of this information in a safe place to be able to refer back later.
Unable to login to Asus router? Follow these steps.
Many users of Asus facing a issues while they are accessing Asus router or devices. The reasons of all issues that is Asus router not connecting to phone or PC and etc. If the Asus router login page is inaccessible, here are some steps you can follow:
- Check if the computer/ smartphone is connected to the Asus router’s network. You can use the wired or wireless setup method to connect the devices.
- Check the ethernet cable connections that you may be using. See if the cable is plugged in securely at the ports. If not, unplug the same and reconnect it.
- If the ethernet cable that you are using is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Use the web and IP address in the address bar of your web browser. Also make sure that the version is updated to the latest. If you still face issues, clear the cache and cookie files saved.
- Check if you are using the correct web and IP address. The correct web address for Asus router login is http://router.asus.com and the IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- See if there’s an antivirus software or system firewall that’s preventing access to the Asus router login page. These software can raise false alarms when it detects a new link. If so, temporarily disable the same till the time you configure the settings completely.
Need more help with the Asus router login process? Reach out to the team now!