In this guide, you will know how you can use any web browser to access your Orbi router. Furthermore, know the alternative if you don’t want to use a browser to log in to your router.
In addition, this guide will introduce you to the basic configurations that you can do after successful login to your router.
Before the Orbi Router Login, you have to set up your Orbi router with the modem. Therefore, you can follow the given instructions to set up your router if you haven’t done it yet.
Steps to connect your Orbi router to an ISP modem or router- You need an ethernet cable to connect your modem ( or ISP router) and Orbi router.
- Firstly, please turn on your modem by connecting it to a wall jack.
- Following this, also turn on the Orbi router by connecting it to a wall jack.
- Now, insert one end of the ethernet cable into the modems’ LAN port and another end into the Orbi router’s LAN port.
- Wait for the Router ring LED to turn on solid white.
Now, you can proceed further to log in to your router.
Orbi router Login- By logging into your router, you can change your router’s configuration such as firmware update, changing the default SSID, password reset, etc. Also, you need to log in to your router to add the Orbi satellites to the mesh network.
So, please follow the given instructions to log in to your router successfully-
Steps to log in-
- Firstly, connect your device to the Orbi router’s network using the default SSID and password.
- Now, open a web browser on your device and type orbilogin.com in the browser’s search bar.
- The Orbi login page displays.
- After that, enter your admin username and password. Hit the login button.
- Lastly, the basic home page displays.
Alternative to Orbilogin.com, you can also use the Netgear Orbi app to log in to your router. But to use the Netgear Orbi app, you first have to create a Netgear account.
Login using the Netgear Orbi app-
- Firstly, download the Orbi app from the Google Play Store or Apple App store.
- After that, launch the app on your device and log in to your Netgear account using your username and password.
- Then, approve the app’s request to use the device’s camera.
- Open the scanner on your device and scan the QR code on the router’s base or sleeve.
- A progress bar appears on the screen.
- After that, go to the wifi manager of your device. Select the Orbi router’s network. Then, use the SSID and password to connect to it.
- Then, return to the Orbi app and go to the Create Network
- Lastly, choose the Orbi router SSID and password and hit on the NEXT.
Once you log in to your router, feel free to do the desired settings. For example, you can change the default SSID and password for the Orbi router’s network. Changing the default settings can improve the security of your router’s network. Further in this guide, we will list some important configurations that you can use on your Orbi router.
Basic settings for an Orbi router- You can check out the below-given settings to configure your router as per your preference.
Changing the default SSID and password-
- Firstly, log in to your Orbi router using your admin username and password.
- The router dashboard displays here.
- Then, click on the Wifi Settings.
- After that, type your new SSID in the WiFi Network Name( SSID)
- Next, type your new password in the Network Key ( password).
- Lastly, save the changes to apply these settings on the Orbi router’s network.
Note- Make sure to set a strong password for the router network. A strong password always consists of a number, an uppercase alphabet, and a special character. Ensure to create at least eight-character length passwords.
Orbi Router Firmware Update-
- Firstly, connect your device to the Orbi router’s network.
- Secondly, launch the Netgear Orbi app on your device.
- Enter your router admin username and password. And then hit the Sign-in
- The admin dashboard displays.
- Now, in the top-left corner, tap the Menu
- Go to the Settings and then click on the Router Settings.
- After that, tap on the Check for Updates. Download the updates and install them.
Add the Parental control feature on the Orbi router’s network-
- Login to the Orbi router.
- After that, click on the Parental Control option in the dashboard of your admin account.
- Next, enable the Circle Smart Parental Controls.
- Then, tap on the GO TO CIRCLE
- Now, install the Circle 1st generation app and then launch it on your device.
- Lastly, just follow the on-screen instruction to set up the Circle Smart Parental Control on your Orbi Wifi System.
Change the admin username and password-
- First of all, log in to your Orbi router.
- Then, go to the Advanced option and click on the Administration
- After that, click on the Set Password
- The set password page displays here.
- Now, enter the new password for your admin account and fill in the other input fields
- Lastly, just click on the APPLY button to save the changes.
Enable the QoS feature on your Orbi router-
- Login to your Orbi router.
- After that, go to the ADVANCED option and click on the Setup
- Then, click on the QoS Setup.
- Next, tap on the Setup QoS rule.
- Now click on the Add Priority Rule.
You can set the priority rule for the online gaming applications, specific MAC address, or specific Ethernet connections. Also, if you want to delete the priority for an application, just click on the rule and then hit the delete button.