It is pretty usual to get interrupted with multiple technical faults when using the QuickBooks Desktop or utilizing any of its services. However, most errors encounter a specific error code; sometimes, you receive an issue that can be difficult to comprehend. Known as QuickBooks script error, the problem comes up with an alert warning message, stating, “QuickBooks Script Error Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference”. It primarily comes up due to the wrong configuration of the internet set up in Internet Explorer. Hence, let us discuss the matter and learn the process of fixing it.
You can confuse yourself by looking for an appropriate solution to resolve the QB script error message. It is essential to make accurate changes in the internet settings to entirely remove the issue. For immediate guidance, you can have a one-to-one consultation with the team of QuickBooks experts by giving us a call at Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784. They will guide you throughout till the problem gets fixed.
Primary Reasons That Provokes the Script Error in QuickBooks
By now, you must have understood that the error is related to technical issues in Internet Explorer. However, there can be numerous faults in the internet explorer settings. Thus, let us look at the reasons in detail-
- If you have set Internet Explorer as the default browser for your Windows system, then the error might pop up.
- Secondly, not adding Intuit as a trusted website can also cause you trouble.
- Make sure to remove all Internet Explorer cache data as it can give rise to the problem.
- The glitch can also come up if you have enabled the script error notification in the browser settings.
As you have acquired all the relevant details about the factors that cause the problem, proceed towards the next section of the article in order to learn different troubleshooting methods.
You may read also : QuickBooks Print Repair Tool
Which are the Ways Through Which I Can Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Script Error Completely?
At times, dealing with the script issue in QB can be challenging as it keeps bothering you if you do not troubleshoot it properly. So, if you have been struggling with the error and cannot fix it even after multiple tries, refer to the debugging methods that we have briefly explained below-
SOLUTION 1: Assign Internet Explorer as the Default Browser On Your Desktop
- First of all, open the Internet Explorer window on your system.
- Now, go to the Gear icon and click on it.
- After that, choose ‘Internet Options’
- In the following step, tap on the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Further, hit the ‘Make Default’ button present under ‘Default Web Browser’.
- Finally, to end the process, you must click on the ‘OK’ button.
SOLUTION 2: Include Intuit as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer
- After going to Internet Explorer, hit ‘Command’ and then ‘Tools’.
- From the Gear icon, click Internet Options.
- Now, on the ‘Security’ tab, opt for the ‘Trusted Sites’ option.
- Further, select ‘Sites’ and move to the ‘Add this website to the zone’ section.
- Type in *.intuit.com and hit the ‘Add’ button.
- As soon as you get redirected to the ‘Trusted Sites’ screen, remove the checkmark from ‘Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Next, deselect ‘Enable Protected Mode’ after quitting the current window.
- Exit the entire browser.
SOLUTION 3: Fix the Issue By Turning Off Add-Ons on Internet Explorer
- Initially, you must access Internet Explorer and then go to the ‘Command’ option.
- Select it and then hit the Gear icon.
- Under the icon, opt for Internet Options and then directly tap on the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Further, you are required to choose ‘Manage add-ons’.
- After selecting the ‘Disable add-ons’ option, hit the ‘OK’ button.
SOLUTION 4: Permanently Delete the Cache Data of Internet Explorer
- In the beginning, open Internet Explorer.
- Move to its ‘Settings’ option and then tap on the ‘Browsing History’ section.
- In the following window, choose the ‘Delete’ button and then checkmark the mentioned checkboxes- Temporary internet files, History, and Cookies.
- Once you mark all the three checkboxes, move the cursor on the ‘Delete’ button and tap on it.
- At last, to save the new changes, select ‘Apply’ and then the ‘OK’ button.
SOLUTION 5: Modify the Browser Configuration By Disabling the Script Error Notification
- You are required to click on the Gear icon in the Internet Explorer window.
- After clicking on Internet Options, you must shift to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- You will now see the following checkbox- Display a notification about every script error.
- Once you find the checkbox, deselect it and then tap on the ‘OK’ button to apply the changes.
SOLUTION 6: Put the Error Message URL in the Restricted Websites List
- Launch your QuickBooks program.
- From the ‘Help’ section, tap on the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option.
- Now, hit the ‘Next’ button to go to the further window.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Connection Settings’ option.
- Next, you must jump to the ‘Security’ tab and then opt for the ‘Restricted Sites’ option’.
- Once you tap ‘Sites’, copy the error message URL and then paste it.
- Choose ‘Add’ and ‘Close’ it.
- In the end, hit ‘OK’ and confirm the action by clicking ‘Done’.
As we would like to conclude the content here, we believe that you have gained valuable information on the QuickBooks script error. Through this article, we have tried to make you understand the causes of the issue along with the troubleshooting methods. Thus, using these solutions will definitely help you to rectify the problem without any obstacles. Moreover, all these fixing methods have been tried and tested so that you do not face any hindrance while performing the action. However, in some rare circumstances, there is a possibility that the issue would not disappear even after using the mentioned processes. In such a case, we highly recommend you get in touch with one of the certified professionals and have a word with them to get instant answers to all your queries. Dial our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to connect with them.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15227