Whenever it comes to dealing with finances, QuickBooks has been one of the leading accounting solutions as it is favorable for all kinds of businesses. Starting from small-sized to large-scale companies, it is ideal for everyone. One of its prime components, the company file, is a feature that keeps a record of every crucial piece of data. All users of the same network can access it in multi-user mode. However, sometimes, while switching to multi-user mode, QuickBooks error 6189 can interrupt and display the following warning message, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816). To appropriately fix the issue, we have curated this article. It includes the error’s causes and some fixing methods.
If you find it challenging to overcome the QuickBooks company file error 6189, or have any questions regarding the issue, get immediate assistance from one of the certified experts.
What are the Reasons That Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Data File Error Message 6189?
A user can come across the issue due to multiple reasons. Here, we are going to look into some of the most evident causes of the company file glitch. Read out the following listicle-
- As the problem is concerned with the data file, it might be possible that your company file has been damaged or corrupted.
- If a user in the same network uses the company file in single-user mode while you are also trying to login into the data file, there is a probability of receiving such an error.
- Another reason for incurring the issue can be the location of the company file. Try to save in the local storage of your Windows desktop.
- It is also possible that you might have saved the QuickBooks files to a folder where you cannot write or read the files.
- Last but not least, the missing or even corruption of the .TLG file can also cause trouble.
You may also read this article : QuickBooks Error 6155
How to Efficiently Overcome the Company File Error 6189 in QuickBooks?
Have you been trying to search for some quick yet effective debugging methods to remove the glitch entirely? If yes, then you must have a look at the processes we have explained elaborately further-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of the Quick Fix My Program Tool After Downloading and Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, quit the QuickBooks Desktop program if it is running on your desktop.
- Now, to download the Tool Hub, visit Intuit’s official website and look for the current version of the application.
- After downloading it, save it to an appropriate location where you can access it instantly.
Further, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ downloaded file to start with the installation procedure.
- Go ahead by following the instructions prompted on the screen and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- After the ‘Finish’ button appears, tap on it and launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Next, you must tap on the ‘Program Problem’ menu and choose the ‘Quick Fix My Program’ tool.
- Once the tool rectifies the glitch, again open your QuickBooks to access the company file.
SOLUTION 2: Opt for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To use the QBDBSM feature, you must first install the QB Tool Hub on your device. If you do not have it, take reference from the previous solution to install it.
- After running the Tool Hub, move to the ‘Network Issues’ tab and tap ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- In the next step, you are required to hit the ‘Start Scan’ option after viewing your data file.
- After it repairs the issue, choose the ‘Close’ button.
- At last, launch the QB application on the host computer system and then on each workstation.
SOLUTION 3: Reboot the Host Computer and Every Workstation
- At first, start the host computer again.
- Next, relaunch all other workstations.
- After you start all of your computer devices, including both server and workstations, run the QuickBooks Desktop on the host computer first.
- In the end, start the QuickBooks application on the remaining computers, which are your workstations.
SOLUTION 4: Restore Your Data File on the System’s Local Drive
- If you have stored your company file on any external storage, then you must copy-paste the data file to your Windows desktop.
- Now, you are required to access the No Company Open window. To open it, keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and click twice on the QuickBooks icon.
- In the existing screen, tap on the ‘Open/Restore Company’ option.
- Next, look for the data file you just saved.
- Once you locate it, open it by double-clicking on it.
SOLUTION 5: Debug the Glitch By Repairing the Damaged Transaction Log File
The network data file in QB is an essential component as it helps to use the company file in a multi-user network.
- Start the process by opening the File Explorer window on your desktop. To access it, hit the ‘Windows + E’ keys.
- After that, navigate to the location where the QuickBooks installation folder is stored.
- Next, move to the program files and look for the ‘.ND’ extension file.
- The name of the file will also be precisely the same as your company file name.
- After you find the file, remove it by right-clicking on it and then selecting the ‘Delete’ option.
- Further, start the QuickBooks software so that it automatically creates a new network data file.
- Once created, attempt to use your company file.
We would like to conclude the article here. We have attempted our best to convey to you the most valuable information about the QuickBooks error 6189. Moreover, the debugging methods given here to remove the company file issue must work as our team of experts has tested them. Thus, if the problem still persists, do not hesitate to get in touch with the technical support team. One of our members will guide you through till you are successful in eliminating the issue.
Related Search Terms : Cannot open company file error code 6189 816, Error Code -6189, I am getting error code -6189, My QuickBooks giving error 6189 816
You may also read this article :QuickBooks Error 3371 | Here’s How To Troubleshoot?