Want to know about the Tp-Link extender login?
Are you looking to boost the signal in your wifi dead areas? The Tplink repeater is connected to your router via a wireless facility, and it boosts the signal and extends the area where the reach of the signal is not as strong. The Tplink setup must be configured so that it improves the range of the router by using tplinkrepeater.net . Check out the blog post below to know more about the extended login procedure and how to troubleshoot in the event of any problems.
The tp-Link extender login process
- Firstly, make sure you use an Ethernet cable to connect the Range extender to your computer.
- Open any device compatible browser.
- Enter your default IP address, which will be 192.168.0.254 or, the name of your domain tplonkrepeater.net within the address box in the browser.
- In a short time, the login window will pop up. Log in with the default credentials. Both should be lowercase. After that, click OK or enter.
- After successfully logging in, the user will be taken onto the Quick Setup page. Select Next and get the simple set-up going.
Connecting to the wireless network via the Web UI
Connect your laptop directly to the Repeater’s wireless network.
To Windows users:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the computer.
- Select the WiFi option from the taskbar, and connect to the wireless network of the repeater.
for Mac OS X users
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the computer.
- Select the WiFi option in the upper right-hand corner.
Following the directions in the Quick Setup Wizard, connect the repeater to the host router.
- Open a web browser and enter http://tplinkrepeater.net/ or tplinkextender.net in the address bar and create a password for login.
- Click the host router’s 2.4GHz network ID, type in the password, and then click Next.
- Choose your router’s 5 GHz SSID. enter the password, and proceed to the next.
- After you have verified that the password for your network is correct, choose to keep the default SSIDs, or modify them to fit the wider network, and then go to the next.
- Follow the instructions on the internet to move your repeater to get the best coverage and performance of your wifi and then click the button to complete.
- Keep track of the network’s extended details and then complete the configuration.
- Connect all your gadgets to the Repeater via Ethernet or wireless cables and surf the internet.
Troubleshooting tips for Tp-Link range extender
Follow the below-given tips if you encounter any issues with the extender.
Not possible to access the range extender with tplinkrepeater.net
- Firstly, try to restart the extender.
- Connect your device directly via the range extender. It is suggested to use the cables to join the extender. If you’re not making use of the cable connection close down your primary wireless router temporarily to ensure that it isn’t connected to the wireless network.
- Use the IP address to connect to the extender’s range. Go directly to your router’s DHXP client list to determine the IP address of this range extender. If you don’t know what to do to find your router’s DHCP client list for your router, you can call tech support from the vendor of the router for assistance.
- Clean the DNS cache frequently.
You can verify whether your PC has obtained the IP address from the range extender
If you haven’t been able to sign in to the GUI, you can do so by using the steps below. The example may vary with models.
- Click Start and navigate to the control panel.
- Select Network and Internet, then head to Network and Share Centre.
- Click Local Area Connection, then click on details.
- Your PC’s IPv4 address must be 192.168.0.X as well as the gateway of default should be 192.168.0.254.
When the repeater fails to recognize the home network
- You can scan available networks and then check the list of networks scanned once more.
- Make sure you check the wireless settings on your laptop or smartphone and ensure that it can find your home network.
- Reboot the repeater again
- Make sure you check the channel settings on your router’s channel settings. If it’s defaulted to auto, or DFS channel, then the 5 GHz signal may be insecure. If this is the case, switch it to one of the band 1 channels or band 4 channel, and attempt again. Channel settings are available in your router’s manual.
When the computer doesn’t have an IP address connected to it
- In the first place, you must ensure that your computer can get its IP address promptly. The next steps assist you to determine whether your PC can support this feature.
- Initiate by clicking the start button and then open the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet, then visit Network and Share Centre.
- Click your Local Area Connection and select Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Obtain the IP address automatically, and then get your DNS server address immediately. Similar to the examples below.
If there’s nothing wrong with the above settings, and your computer is still receiving an incorrect IP address
- Disable your network adapter to obtain a new IP address.
- Start by clicking the start button and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet, then visit Network and Sharing Centre, then choose Change adapter settings.
- Click on your Local Area connection and choose to disable it. Repeat the process and choose to enable it.
- Then, just wait for a while and then verify the PC’s IP address in the steps above.
Boosting extender Signal
Like Wireless routers, range extenders are vulnerable to interference from obstacles such as concrete, metal objects walls as well as microwaves. To remove these obstructions for the most effective wireless performance. Each range extender from TP-Link is equipped with an LED that shows the quality of the signal it gets from the router it is it is connected to it.
Tp-Link extender reset
A hard reset can restore your device to its factory default settings. You must set up the device completely from scratch or use the configuration file that you’ve backed up before setting it up. To do your hard reset follow the steps below.
Simply press the reset button by using an unbreakable pin. Keep it in place for 8 to 19 seconds after the device has been turned on. If you see all the lights flashing, switch it off, and some lights come slowly back on, it indicates that the device has reached success.
Simply press the reset button. hold it for about a second after the device has been turned on. If you see lights flashing, then turn off, and the lights come again slowly this means that the device was reset successfully. Following the reset process, look at the label on the rear of your device to find the default access details as well as login details.
Contact our experts if you want help or more information on login or other issues. Directly call them on the toll-free number and take their expert advice.