Whenever the QuickBooks event ID 4 triggers on your screen, it usually comes up with the error message, “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure this is open”. However, at times, a user might also receive other messages like, “QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWininstance Handle” or “QuickBooks Event ID 4- An unexpected error has occurred”. All these error messages pop up when trying to open the QuickBooks Integration Manager tool. So, now you must have questions like what factors affect such an error and how to resolve it quickly and efficiently. So, to answer all your questions, we have mentioned all the necessary details. All you need to do is go through the entire article concisely.
Do not get worried if you face difficulties in dealing with the QuickBooks event ID 4 error. Our technical assistance team is here 24*7 to guide you throughout till you are successful in fixing the issue. Ring our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and connect with one of the experienced experts.
What are the Reasons Due to Which the Event ID 4 Pops Up On Your Screen?
Wondering what causes this issue? If yes, check out the list of the following reasons that will explain the reason behind incurring the issue. Although there are many factors, we have elaborated on the most usual ones-
- If the installation of your QuickBooks Desktop remains incomplete, the chances of receiving the glitch increase.
- Are you able to access your data file as it might have been severely damaged or even corrupted, and hence, the issue triggers.
- One of the Microsoft components, .NET Framework, might be facing some compatibility issues with the third-party applications on your desktop.
- The corrupted installation of the QuickBooks Desktop can also be one of the most common reasons for encountering the glitch.
Before moving on to the troubleshooting method, it is essential to identify the reason behind the problem first. If you fail to do it, it becomes complicated to remove it. So, now that you have learned the causes gather info on the solutions.
You may read also : QuickBooks OL 393
Explanation Of Top Four Methods To Eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop Event ID 4
Have you been finding it difficult to use an appropriate fixing method for the given error? Tried multiple solutions and still do not help? Don’t get worried! We have provided some useful troubleshooting methods that will surely guide you well and fix it. Go through each one of them-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of the Clean Install Method to Fix the Error
- To uninstall the QuickBooks installed on your desktop, open the Control Panel, and then opt for the ‘Program and Features’ option.
- You can also click ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- In the following list, search the QuickBooks Desktop and then hit ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- After you tap on the ‘Remove’ button, choose ‘Next’ to completely delete the software.
- Now, from Intuit’s website, download the same version of the QuickBooks Desktop you just uninstalled.
- Save the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ to a convenient location.
- Next, run the downloaded file, follow all the steps displayed on the screen and accept the terms and conditions.
- In the further step, you are required to select the appropriate install type.
- At last, tap on the ‘Next’ button and then ‘Install’.
- Once the installation is over, open QuickBooks and activate it.
SOLUTION 2: Perform the Re-Installation of the .NET Framework on Windows
- Begin by opening the ‘Run’ command box. Hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys to access it.
- In the space provided, type ‘Appwiz.cpl’ and then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- After that, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Now, look for the ‘Microsoft .NET Framework’.
- Once you locate it, choose the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- Opt for the ‘Remove’ button and then ‘Next’.
- In the following step, you must move back to the ‘Programs and Features’ section and choose ‘Add/ Remove Windows Features’.
- When the list of applications appears on the screen, hit ‘Microsoft .NET Framework’.
- Press ‘OK’ after you enable both the checkboxes.
- Go ahead as per the prompted instructions and remove the .NET Framework.
- Finally, install it again and reboot your device.
SOLUTION 3: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Exit QuickBooks if it is running on your desktop and then open the internet browser.
- Go to Intuit’s website and then search for the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, you must download the file and choose an easily accessible location to save it.
- After that, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and proceed further with the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Once you agree to the terms and conditions, choose the ‘Finish’ button.
- Next, start the QuickBooks Tool Hub and opt for ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ under the ‘Installation Issues’ tab.
- As soon as the issue gets fixed, relaunch your computer device.
SOLUTION 4: Apply the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you must go through the previous solution and then move forward.
- Once the Tool Hub app has been installed, place the cursor on ‘Company File Issues’ and click on it.
- In the following window, you must choose the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ button.
- Now, hit the drop-down button to select the appropriate data file.
- As an alternate option, you can also search your company file in the ‘Browse and search’ section.
- Finally, end the process by typing in the QB admin password and choosing ‘Next.
As we have provided you with all the requisite info about the QuickBooks event ID 4 error, the article ends here. Our professionals have completely tried and tested all the stated troubleshooting methods. As a result, you must not face any further problems while rectifying the error. However, in some cases, you might continue to receive the glitch because of some other unexpected faults. At that time, it is important to contact one of the QuickBooks certified professionals for quick help. Moreover, if you incur any other problem apart from this, do not hesitate to present your doubts in front of our pro advisors by dialing Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working