The company file in the QuickBooks program is one of the prominent parts as it holds some crucial financial data of an organization. At times, when using the data file or while trying to open it, a lot of unexpected technical issues trigger on your QuickBooks Desktop, due to which you lose access to it. Thus, in this informative article, we are going to have a discussion on one such related glitch, QuickBooks error 6129. The problem comes along with an alert message stating, “Error 6129 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. So, let us move ahead and read this article entirely for detailed comprehension.
Do you have questions in your mind regarding the QuickBooks company file error 6129? Then feel free to get connected with our technical support team for help via 1.855.738.2784. One of our members will answer all your queries.
What are the Primary Factors That Affect the Data File Error Code 6129 in QuickBooks?
Are you confused about the reasons that give rise to such an error? If it is so, then go through the following enlisted points that will give you clear idea of the error’s causes in detail-
- There is a major possibility that the version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your desktop has been severely damaged or even corrupted.
- The improper functioning of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager might be causing the problem as well.
- Have you checked for the latest updates of your QuickBooks Desktop? If no, then verify it, as using the outdated version of QuickBooks can trigger the problem.
- Last but not least, if the transaction log file and the network data file have been damaged, you might come across the problem. Besides, it is also possible that both files have been corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks OL 393
Explanation of Top Four Step-By-Step Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Company File Error Message 6129 Effectively
If you are wondering if it is possible to get rid of the error code 6129 completely and quickly, then yes! The technical glitch can be easily eliminated by following some basic debugging processes. However, you must appropriately perform all the given instructions below-
SOLUTION 1: Fix the Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Software
- To start with, go to the Control Panel window and choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Next, hit ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- Now, from the list of installed applications, you are required to opt for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option and hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- After tapping on the ‘Next’ button, choose ‘Repair’.
- To start the tool, choose the ‘Next’ button.
- Finally, once it is done, end the process by pressing the ‘Finish’ button.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Make sure not to use the QuickBooks Desktop while dealing with the Tool Hub app.
- Go to Intuit’s official website and check for the latest released version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the file and then store it in an appropriate location.
- Further, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and go ahead by following the instructions prompted on the screen.
- After that, accept the terms and conditions by marking the relevant checkbox.
- Now, tap on the ‘Finish’ button.
- Once the application installs on your system, launch it.
- Click on the ‘Network Issues’ menu and then opt for ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- In the following screen, hit ‘Start Scan’.
- At last, open the QuickBooks Desktop and check if you can access your data file.
SOLUTION 3: Download and Install the Current Updates of Your QuickBooks
- Before moving towards updating QuickBooks, ensure to close the program if it is in use.
- Locate QuickBooks on your Windows desktop and then right-click on it.
- Opt for the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then move to the No Company Open screen.
- Under the ‘Help’ menu, you will find the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option; click on it.
- Next, from the ‘Options’ section, you must choose ‘Mark All’ and then ‘Save’.
- In the further step, click on the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox after shifting to the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Now, complete downloading the updates by selecting the ‘Get Updates’ option.
- To complete the installation of the updates, you must end and relaunch your QuickBooks program.
- Once prompted, tap on the ‘Yes’ button and then reboot the system.
SOLUTION 4: Modify the Name Of Files Having the .ND and .TLG Extension
- Initiate the method by navigating to the location where you have saved your company file.
- After you open the folder, you must look for two files having the identical name as your data file and with the .TLG and .ND extensions.
- In the following step, right-click on any one file to change its name.
- Edit the name by adding ‘.old’ at the extreme end of the file name.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to save the new name.
- By following this same of instructions, you are required to modify the name of the other file as well.
- Quit the entire folder and double-click on the QuickBooks icon to launch it.
- In the end, check if you are able to run your company file or not.
By explaining this final troubleshooting method, we would like to conclude our article on QuickBooks error 6129 here. We hope you must have gathered some valuable info about the issue. Although we have attempted our best to deliver you the most appropriate information about it, if you have any doubts, do not feel hesitant to reach out to us for guidance. Moreover, all the explained debugging processes have been entirely tried and tested by our QuickBooks certified experts. As a result, in case you face any other hindrance while performing the mentioned solutions, we suggest you immediately give us a call at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to have direct communication with one of the pro advisors for instant assistance. Our professionals are always within reach round the clock to help their customers in resolving their QB-related issues.
You may read also : QuickBooks Event ID 4