The realm of mobile app and web development is on the rise, and the efficiency of developers is one of the main reasons behind this unprecedented development. Therefore, if you are an entrepreneur and want to excel in this constantly buzzing market, you need to be sure of all the nuances related to web app development. It is because the in-depth understanding of technologies will help you make wiser business decisions and select a top web development company. In addition, as an IT business owner, you can skillfully decide between Full Stack and MEAN Stack developers.
Due to the proliferation of technology, there has been a stupendous transformation in the web development process. Thus, it has become essential for business owners to hire top web development companies. These companies will use more proficient technologies that will add greater value to the task at hand and render better products to the business organization.
Both MEAN stack development and full-stack development have perks of their own. Therefore, it becomes essential for business owners to choose between the two as the entire future of the product depends on it. Correctly selecting a technology stack will allow the developers to create an immersive environment, increasing the customer retention ratio.
Therefore, in this blog, we will study the requirements of being a Full-stack developer and MEAN stack developer and their advantages. Moreover, we will also see when companies should opt for them.
Who is a Full stack developer?
A Full Stack developer is a professional who is well-versed in developing both client-side and server-side applications. Due to their in-depth knowledge and experience working on projects including high databases, Full-Stack developers work during the initial stages of the project and build the websites.
Moreover, as we are seeing the majority of the businesses preferring the digital path, the demand for the best Full Stack developers is on the rise.
Therefore, in the next section, we will see the skillset required to become a high-functioning Full Stack developer.
Skillset required becoming a Full Stack developer
There are certain prerequisites to becoming a successful Full Stack developer. Thus, for your benefit, we have listed them below in detail:
- They should know functions such as automation, optimization, and deployment of the website.
- Sound knowledge about programming databases like MySQL, SQLite, etc. will be handy.
- They must possess an understanding of UI/UX, Visual Design, and Project Management.
- The ideal Full Stack developer must know the operational procedure of website development.
List of backend and frontend software
Understanding different front-end and back-end software types will allow professional Full Stack developers to develop elite websites. The list is below:
Backend software (Server-Side)
Frontend software (Client-Side)
Advantages of Full Stack development
After seeing the technical skillset required to become a Full Stack developer, let us have a look at the benefits of Full Stack development:
- The entire process of Full Stack development is very cost-effective
- One of the greatest USPs of Full Stack web development is that it is easier to keep the team members on the same page during the development process.
- In Full Stack development, the developers can switch back and forth from frontend to backend according to the requirement.
- In Full Stack development, the developer can gain a strong knowledge of all techniques during the development process.
Disadvantages of Full Stack development
Like two sides of the coin, Full Stack development has its share of perils as well; let us have a look:
- In the Full Stack development process, the Full Stack developers are expected to carry various responsibilities during the development process. Thus, there are chances of them getting burned out.
- There are high chances in the Full Stack development process that the selected solution can be wrong as well.
- Since there is so much to learn in the development process, it can become difficult for Full Stack developers to be updated on all the latest trends related to different development languages.
When should businesses opt for Full Stack development?
Full Stack development brings in efficiency along with cost-effectiveness with it. Thus, if you are a budding entrepreneur or owner of an established firm, Full Stack development will work just fine for you either way. The web development process eliminates underlying problems such as poor communication, delivery backlogs, etc., and renders high-quality products.
Therefore, if you want to develop a complex web application at affordable rates as a business owner, Full Stack development is the right choice.
Who is a MEAN Stack developer?
As the name itself suggests, MEAN Stack development consists of four different technologies such as:
- M– MongoDB that is without the SQL Database
- E– Express is the backend web app framework for Node.JS
- N– Node.JS has a primary function to develop server-side applications and networks. Node.JS is a cross-platform run-time environment
Now, let us understand each component of MEAN Stack development in detail:
The primary function of MongoDB is to transfer the data between client and server. It is a database manager that is used to execute the NoSQL structure. In addition, MongoDB is an object-oriented database and cross-platform.
Since it highly supports multi-dimensional data, the website has high performance, easy scalability, and availability.
Along with being a framework to host and support Node.JS apps, Express.JS is also vital for the backend. Whether it is developing single or multi-page applications, it is easier to do it because of Express.JS. Moreover, as it handles the monotonous tasks daily, it allows the professional MEAN Stack developers to contribute to important business objectives.
Angular.JS is the frontend layer of the MEAN Stack development. It is also the other framework that helps in building different applications. Angular.JS smoothly removes the unwanted codes and allows the ideal MEAN Stack developers to choose the framework as it helps in building dynamic applications.
Node.JS is the final component, and it weighs less, is flexible and very efficient. This final component runs the server-side apps in the backend. In addition, Node.js executes multiple connections simultaneously using the non-blocking I/O model.
It is the most reliable component and is free and open-source as well.
Skills required to become a MEAN Stack developer
To become a top MEAN Stack developer, it is essential to have technical proficiency. We have listed a few of the prolific ones below:
- Sound knowledge about programming templates and architecture design guidelines is a must.
- Relevant experience of SLDC and developing it in an Agile environment will be an added benefit.
- If the best MEAN Stack developers are well-versed in DB architecture, it could add value to the overall development process.
- The professional MEAN Stack developers must also know the domain-specific language as the MEAN Stack work is primarily done by domain-specific language only.
- Expertise in OOPS, Symphony, MySQL, PHP, and jQuery will be a welcome add-on.
Advantages of MEAN Stack development
MEAN Stack development has some of the most prolific advantages. This is one of the prime reasons why it is very famous in the modern-day development world. Here are some of its advantages listed below:
- The Mongo database in MEAN Stack is used as a cloud storage
- The development process uses very low memory as overhead and organizes the entire app
- MEAN Stack has isomorphic code, and thus, it allows the skilled MEAN Stack developers to use uniform language throughout the Stack
- In the development process, the MEAN Stack developers don’t need to indulge in unnecessary groundwork
- MEAN Stack allows organizing swift web application
Disadvantages of MEAN Stack development
After seeing the advantages, it is time to look at the perils of MEAN Stack Development. Some of the major disadvantages are listed below:
- It is not widely used to develop large scale or complex applications
- There might be potential loss of records during heavy load scenarios in MEAN Stack
- It has poor isolation of server from the business logic
When to opt for MEAN Stack development?
One of the best reasons businesses should opt to go with MEAN Stack development is that it is a very cost-effective process. Moreover, MEAN Stack has a plethora of additional frameworks, reusable codes and libraries that make it easier for the developers to build a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
Thus, for business organizations looking to build web applications that are not complex and in a short time, MEAN Stack development is the best choice.
Both MEAN Stack developers and Full Stack developers have their share of perks and perils. It is up to the business organizations to figure out what they are looking for before deciding what web app development technology they are looking for.
Full Stack development is preferred where there is a need to develop high-level, complex web applications. While on the other hand, MEAN Stack development is preferred where you have to develop MVPs quickly.