You all would agree to the fact that eyebrows are one of the most prominent features of your face. They play a vital role in shaping your face and accentuating your eyes. Your eyebrows add up to your beauty, expression, and confidence. Therefore, women all over the world, spend a lot of time shaping their eyebrows. Since we are living in a time of cosmetic revolution, a treatment known as microblading has been introduced to give you thicker and fuller eyebrows.
What is Microblading?
Eyebrow Microblading in Dubai is a semi-permanent treatment performed to give you an appearance of fuller eyebrows. It is also referred to as eyebrow tattooing because it is performed with the help of a small handheld tool that uses the feather stroke technique. Hair strokes are created on your eyebrow line by inserting pigments into the skin that gives an appearance of thick and perfectly shaped brows. As a result, the natural features of your face get an enhancement.
Whenever a new treatment is introduced, it brings with it a lot of questions. Several people who seem interested in getting Microblading have numerous questions in their minds. Therefore, in today’s article, we will answer some of the frequently asked questions about eyebrow microblading.
Frequently Asked Questions About Eyebrow Microblading
Here we will enlist and answer some of commonly asked questions about eyebrow microblading.
How does Microblading work?
The procedure involves making small and superficial cuts in the brow line which are then filled with pigments. This is done with a specially designed hand tool. The hair strokes created, mimic the real eyebrow hairs because the pigment color resembles your natural eyebrow color. Microblading not only reshapes the eyebrows but also fills the thin arches, producing the perfect tapering effect. The instrument used offers extra control over the procedure which results in a natural looking eyebrow.
Is it painful?
It can be slightly painful but the level of pain is similar to that of eyebrow threading. You do not feel severe pain. To reduce the discomfort during the procedure, the practitioner applies a numbing cream to the brows.
How long does the procedure take?
The microblading procedure can take almost 2 to 3 hours on average. It is because there are several phases included in the procedure. First of all, the required shape, arch, and thickness of brows are to be outlined and drawn which takes time. After that, the actual procedure is started. Microblading is a delicate process that requires precision and attention to detail. Therefore, the procedure takes two hours at least.
Is follow-up treatment needed?
Yes, to ensure perfect results, a touch-up appointment is needed. Microblading requires at least two sessions that are spaced six to ten weeks apart. The touch-up appointment allows the practitioner to correct the areas that might have faded after the first session or if the patient wants any adjustments in the shape or color.
How long do microblading results last?
As mentioned above, microblading is a semi-permanent procedure which means the results are not permanent. They last for almost 1-2 years and after that fade away because the pigment used in the procedure is deposited superficially into the skin. Therefore, it is recommended to get touch-up sessions every 2 years. It will help you in maintaining the shape, thickness, and color of your eyebrows.
In addition to this, there are some factors that also influence the longevity of results. For example, the skin type, the pigment used, your skincare routine, and exposure to the sun.
Skin Type: The microblading results fade faster in oily skin type.
Pigment Color: If you have chosen light-colored pigments, they are quick to fade away.
Exposure to Sun: Excessive exposure to the sun can lead to the discoloration of the pigment.
Daily Skin Care Routine: If you use anti-aging products daily that have Retin A or Alpha Hydroxy, the effects of the procedure will disappear quickly. It is because such ingredients amplify the cell turnover rate
Does microblading cease natural eyebrow hair growth?
In general, there is no effect on natural eyebrow hair growth due to microblading. It neither stops the hair growth nor promotes the new hair growth. It only provides an illusion of a fuller and thicker eyebrow.
Can I exercise after getting the procedure?
You cannot resume exercise soon after getting the microblading procedure. It is advised to avoid workout and strenuous exercises for at least 7 days after the treatment. You can perform light exercises that cause minimal sweating but not heavy ones. It is because the salt in sweat causes the pigment to fade away quickly and affects the results.
Can a pregnant woman get Microblading?
No, experts do not recommend microblading treatment during pregnancy. It can cause complications. So, if you are pregnant and thinking to get eyebrow microblading, wait till you give birth to your baby.
Who are ideal candidates for Eyebrow Microblading?
Microblading in Dubai is suitable for those who wish to redefine their eyebrows. Women with naturally thin eyebrows are ideal candidates for the procedure. It not adds color and volume to your brows but also reshapes them. You can get the desired arch with its help. Following individuals are the right candidates for the procedure;
- People who have lost eyebrows due to trauma or accident.
- You have thin eyebrows
- If you want to reshape your eyebrows
- You are not diabetic or pregnant.
- If you wish to increase the density of your brows.
- Your skin is not too oily and you are 18 or above in age.
How to prepare for the treatment?
If you are thinking to get the treatment, the following are the things you need to do.
- Bring the reference photos with you if you have some ideas in your mind regarding shape and color.
- If you do not have photos, fill your eyebrows like you would like to have them. It will help your cosmetic surgeon to have an idea.
- Please avoid waxing, threading, or tinting your eyebrows at least 3 days before the treatment.
- Stop using Retinol-containing products 2 weeks before the procedure.
- Refrain from chemical peels for at least 4 weeks before your treatment.
- You should avoid excessive and direct exposure to the sun for at least 2 weeks before the treatment. There should not be a sunburn when you come for the treatment.
- You should not take blood-thinning medicines before getting the treatment.
- Also avoid alcohol, caffeine, vitamin E, and fish oil.
- You should plan any vacations ten days after the treatment because you need that time for aftercare maintenance.
How to care for the treated area after the treatment?
After getting the microblading treatment, you should follow the instructions given by your doctor. It will help you in healing faster and safely.
- You should wash your hands before touching the treated area.
- It is advised to keep the tattooed area clean by using lukewarm water. Dry it with a paper towel three times a day.
- Apply the ointment prescribed by your surgeon to the treated area with a cotton swab.
- During the first week after the treatment, do not use soap on the treated area. Other than that, you can shower or bathe normally.
- You should refrain from picking at dry skin or flakes. It can lead to scarring and loss of pigment.
- Exercise should be avoided for one week after the treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for 14 days. Wear a hat while going out to protect the tattooed area from the sun.
- You must not apply makeup to the treated area during the first two weeks after the treatment. This is because chemicals in makeup products can hinder the healing process.
- No swimming for two weeks.
- Do not spray water directly onto your face. Similarly, soaking your face into the bathtub is also forbidden.
How much does the procedure cost?
That is a tricky question to answer because the price is something that keeps on changing. It is difficult to quote the price for a cosmetic treatment because it depends on various factors. There are several factors that contribute to the overall price like the location of the clinic from where you are getting the treatment, the expertise of the surgeon, pigment being used, and the requirements of the patient, etc. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with the expert to know about the exact cost that matches your case.
The Final Verdict
Mentioned above are some frequently asked questions about eyebrow microblading that were essential to be discussed. We have tried to cover all the important questions so that our readers find all the useful information in a single article. You must be familiar with all these facts before getting the treatment. Also, try to consult with an expert surgeon because he or she can guide you about the Microblading procedure in detail considering your skin type and condition.
Therefore, choose a reputable and board-certified surgeon for the procedure so that you can get desired results with accuracy. Also, only a qualified surgeon can ensure your safety during the procedure with minimized chances of complications.