Structured cabling offers numerous advantages to businesses and individuals. For a robust and well-structured networking infrastructure, structured cabling is the key driver. Installation of these cables is a tidy process, requiring prescribed standards and essential tools. Without following the standards or using the recommended equipment, you can confront serious issues. The service providers adhere to the industry standards to ensure a secure and healthy network. Keep scrolling this article to know what tools are necessary for structured cabling along with their benefits.
Necessary tools for structured cabling installation:
The use of essential tools is as important as the industry standards. The know-how of these tools can prove helpful in the installation process. Such instruments are vital for feeding and pulling cables into the hard-to-reach areas. Following are the structured cabling tools every service provider should be using in the industry.
Cable pathways tend to facilitate the cable routing space by allowing cables to cross-connect between racks and cabinets. The pathways should be designed to support the weights of both overhead and underfloor lines. A good cable pathway is the one that facilitates initial and future cable installation. Important sub-parts included in pathways are given here:
- Floor Penetrations
- Sleeves or slots
What kind of cables should be used in the network? Different networking needs varying cables; each one comes with its specifications. Following are some of the wires used in the structured cabling installation process.
- Copper Cables: these cables are typically used for inter and intra-rack communications. Copper cables are rarely used in overhead networking since they are heavier than other fiber cables.
- Fiber optic cables: Fiber cables uses light as a transmitting medium and are used in large data networks. Fiber cables are highly preferred over copper cables since they offer higher bandwidth and transmission speed.
- Pre-terminated fiber cables: These cables are selected for several reasons. Better called their qualities, these cables provide greater dependability, quality and reduced time of installation.
Coaxial cable, twisted pair copper, and sometimes a combination of different cables are also used in the data networks. Structured cabling companies in Dubai make a wise choice when it comes to selecting appropriate cable for different networking needs.
Different tools are used in the phase of connecting various hardware parts during the installation. It must be done carefully since a small prick can cause a huge rework at the end. Tools that are normally used are connecting blocks, patch panels, interconnections and cross-connections. The installation experts often use a combination of these tools, depending on the nature of a data center’s needs and requirements.
The role of connectors is extraordinary in the successful installation of structured cabling. They are used for coupling mechanisms, connecting two cables. Sometimes, a cable-equipment connection is needed, and these connectors can also serve the cause. Cabling connectors used in fiber optic cables intend to transfer light signals from one cable to another, keeping the network acceptable and functional.
structured cabling companies in Dubai are good at keeping the installation site safe and sound. Since they work in a vulnerable and fragile environment, there are chances of mishaps like fire and spark. A good service provider is the one who keeps support facilities like a fire stopper and groundbreakers. Such instruments ensure the safe and timely completion of the installation process.
Why follow the industry standards?
Structured cabling is a complex process that cannot be completed without having the required tools. Equipment cannot get you a functional network in a stand-alone scenario since you need to follow the industry standards. Some of the benefits of these standards are discussed in the coming lines.
- Consistency: Standardization ensures consistency in the designing and installation process.
- Compliance: cables and other communication tools used in the installation must be legal under TRA type approval. Following the installation standards will ensure you are using the approved lines and instruments.
- Safe and sound network: You can make changes in a particular step if it’s not according to the set standards. Doing so will ensure your network installation process is going right to give you a functional network at the end.
- Uniform Documentation: The standards require you to keep a fair track of documentation during the installation process. Such documents can be used either as a guide or proof in the future.
Get your cables right with expert installation companies:
Technology is only beautiful when it is working. A functional network is only possible when you install it properly. Specialist structured cabling companies help you get your cables right when it comes to installation. With knowledge of industry standards and the right tools, these experts can give you a complete network. Don’t hesitate to hire them if you plan to install your network shortly.