EPR License is a requirement for electronic manufacturers and importers alike. It’s the authorization that gives Extended Producer responsibility to the importers and the manufacturers to management of E wastes. Getting EPR certificate means that you’re capable of handling that responsibility.
When we say E waste management, we mean either disposing of or recycling the electronic wastes that are the discarded versions of the following products:
- Personal Computers
- mini computers
- and pretty much every product that has electronic circuitry
The Central Pollution Control Board provides EPR registration certificate to:
- Promote recycling of the electronic waste
- Reduce the plastic wastes in the environment.
- Reuse the non renewable metallic resources.
- To increase the longevity of the resources.
In this article, you’ll all about EPR registration in India.
Who should acquire the EPR certificate?
Let’s look into the entities for whom it’s mandatory to get EPR certification.
- Electronic manufacturers: As the producers of electronic goods, companies like Intel and AMD have taken the responsibility to deal with the electronic wastes. Every product that they sell will be eventually discarded. When that happens, it becomes electronic wastes. Electronic companies thus have to provide e waste management services by either signing a contact with a recycling company or using an in house recycler.
- E waste management companies: EPR registration online is also a requirement for E waste management company. It’s a certification to prove their mettle about managing electronic wastes without any issues.
- E waste importers: The final types of entities that require EPR certificate for import are the importers of electronic wastes. These importers get electronic wastes either recycle them or dispose of them. However, with EPR registration, they have to work towards recycling the materials.
EPR certificate full form is Extended Producer Responsibility Certificate. It’s not an optional legal requirement to start an electronic manufacturing company or an e waste management company or an importing company.
It’s a mandatory document that takes into account the social responsibility to keep the environment safe..
The process of getting EPR Certificate
Following is a step by step guide of EPR license process:
- First, you need accumulate the required documents and create a file.
- Then, you have to study the EPR license format that’s available online. You can’t trust yourself to have the right documents from the very start. Having a peek into the certificate will allow you to understand if you require more documents.
- You’ll then have to attach these documents with the EPR registration form. When filing the application, you’ll have to choose the category of the application. You’d have to choose whether you’re filing as an importer, an e waste management company, or a manufacturer.
- The assessment will start
- If the assessment’s results say that you’re fit to except the EPR, you’ll get the EPR license.
Documents needed to file EPR certification in India
To get the EPR license means covering all the bases. Thus, you need to put the correct documents together. Here is a list of those documents:
- Proof of your office’s address
- Legal documents depending upon the nature of the applicant:
- Certificate of incorporation for manufacturer companies
- IE code for importers
- Directorate of industries
- Manufacturing license issues by the Municipal corporations.
- Contact details
- PAN card’s copy
- Aadhar card copy of the authorized signatory
- Details of the products
- BIS license’s copy
- ROHS compliance certificate
- Estimation how much E waste your manufacturing facility generates or your import brings in.
- Budget you’ve set for EPR
- Details of any awareness programmes you’ve established to help the people understand the value of e waste management.
- Copy of agreement’s you’ve signed with the recyclers, storage units and other waste management companies.
- Website content creating awareness about e waste management.
Getting EPR Certificate Online is a requirement for manufacturers and E waste management company alike, and the purpose for which they get it for is the same – management of electronic wastes.
Every electronic product is made up of circuitry that makes it perform complex function. One day, the product stops performing. However, that doesn’t mean that the raw materials it’s made out of are useless.
When we say E waste management, we talk about a process through which the raw materials can be salvaged.
EPR Certificate full form is Extended Producer Responsibility Certificate. It’s the producer’s responsibility to salvage the raw materials from the discarded electrical products so that:
- The product can be recycled
- The flow of e waste can be controlled.
- And consequently, the planet can be saved.
That’s why, it’s the Central Pollution Control Board that issues the EPR Certificate. It’s through this organization that government watches over the environment.
So, in the interest of saving the environment and preserving the non-renewable resources, let’s present to you EPR Registration requirements: A complete Analysis.
Other Related Content: IP1 License
Address Proof of the place of business
The manufacturing plant or the E waste management company has to provide the correct address proof. The reason for that is auditors have to know the exact location of the company.
Legal documents of business
Depending upon the business and the type of entity, the CPCB might require from you the COI, IE Code of manufacturing license to issue you EPR Certificate.
EPR registration process doesn’t only hinge on online registration process. It also has a human element to it. One that can only come into play if you provide the correct contact details.
PAN card Copy
The CPCB expects the applicant to be a tax paying entity. Thus, it also asks for the PAN card copy.
Authorized Signatory’s Documents
The person you’ve authorized to sign your application, your documents and oversee the application process needs your authorization to do so. Thus, you need to provide his documents to the CPCB.
Details of the product
The details about products that are manufactured by the electronics company or the E wastes handled by an e waste management company should be given to the pollution control board for the EPR Certificate for Import.
Ideally, you’d have an in house recycler. If you don’t have to provide the details of the recycler you’ve signed an agreement with.
BIS License copy
BIS License is a required document for many electronic equipment(s). Thus, you need to a copy of BIS license is it’s applicable on your electronic product.
RoHS compliance Certificate
Reduction of Hazardous Waste Compliance Certificate is a mandatory pre-requisite for acquiring the license.
The CPCB expects you to pay the EPR registration fees on time. If you are somehow late, the CPCB needs to be informed of that as well. Thus, you need to provide the payment receipt.
E waste estimation
Give an estimate amount of how much electronic waste does your factory annually generates.
How much money you’re spending on your EPR duties and what is the plan you’ve formulated to take care of those duties? The CPCB wants answers to them.
If you’ve setup any awareness program regarding the management of E waste, provide the details of the same.
Provide agreement copies of the contracts you’ve signed with recyclers, storage units, warehousing companies and dealers.
Getting EPR certificate for import in India or for managing e wastes or for manufacturing electronic products requires a fair bit of idea of the EPR certification process. Through this blog, we have attempted to unveil it to you.
However, if you still have any queries and want to start your electronic manufacturing faster, you can quickly approach our business consultants for many license such as vno license fees, document required for various licenses..