Postingtree | If you are searching for how to recover password protected PST files? Then, stop your searches here. We came up with an easy & simple process to do the task. If you have any kind of issues you can easily recover your password protected PST file format without facing any hassle.
“Hi I am Johnny, and I want to Recover Password Protected PST files. So, please someone suggest a reliable solution for the same!”
There are several users who are finding a way to Repair Outlook Data Files with an easy & simple interface. So, that’s why we are here with the instant & non-professional methods to help you for the same.
But before we start the process to complete the task of restoring Password protected PST file formats. Firstly, we will know about the PST file.
A PST file (Personal Storage Table) is the Outlook data file that stores the complete mailbox information. PST files have more advantages than EML files as they can store information equal to hundreds of EML files. This reason is sufficient to convert EML files to PST file format.
“Hello, I am John and 10 days back, I moved to a new organization where I tried to open my old PST file that contains data from my previous company. However, when I was loading it into Outlook, I realized that it is password protected. Now, I am in that situation where I have tried every possible password that I could ever set, but nothing works properly. And, I do not know what I should do next for it? So, please someone guide me to a reliable solution for the same!”
How to Recover Password Protected PST File Formats?
As there are two methods to perform the task using manual method as well as automated solution. As the manual method to recover or unlock password protected PST file varies from the vision to version of the MS Outlook. So, this section of the post will let users know the different manual solutions based on the Outlook version. It allows users to recover data from protected Outlook PST files.
Solution is: This article discuss how to recover corrupted password protected PST files or how to repair Data saved in a password protected PST data file. But, if you need to recover the password from the Outlook PST file, then it is better to use an automated software. This tool can easily recover the Password protected PST data file efficiently.
Step 1: For MS Outlook 2010 & Above Versions
- Firstly, Open Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your local machine.
- Now, navigate to Files >> Account Settings >> Account Settings option
- An Account Settings window will open. Here, you need to go to to the Data Files tab directly
- After that, you need to choose the desired PST file location and click on the Settings button
- A new window will open. And, click on the Outlook Data File option and simply click on the Change Password button
- Now, you need to set the new password that you want and click on the OK button.
Step 2: For MS Outlook 2002 & Below Versions
- Firstly, you need to come out of the Outlook program and make a backup of the PST file.
- Now, simply run SCANPST.EXE on the PST file to repair it
- After that, depending upon the version of Outlook, SCANPST. EXE is found in these locations
In Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\ \scanpst.exe
In Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\ \NT\scanpst.exe
In Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
- Click on the Start >> Run option to the open the command prompt
You need to either type or paste file path to PST19UP with your PST file name: PSTUPG19.EXE-file_name.pst. Hit Enter key
- The command line will resemble like: “C:\My Documents\pst19upg.exe”– Outlook.pst
- Now, a new copy of the PST file is created with a name “filename.psx”
- The process is completed, simply rename the original PST file
- After that, you have to type “pst19upg.exe-filename.psx” at the command prompt and press Enter
- Then, the new password-free PST file is created from PST file
- And, you can easily open your Outlook application and open the PST file.
A manual solution is a lengthy and a time taking process for non-technical users. Because, for using this method users necessarily have technical skills. So, that’s why we experts recommended you to use the automated solution which is mentioned in the next section with its working steps. Let’s take a look for the same!
Automated Solution to Recover Password Protected PST File
Use the Professional Outlook PST File Recovery Software to recover passwords without facing any hassle. This software is a popularly used application which allows unlocking password protected PST files and permits users to access the data stored in the Outlook data file (.pst).
This utility is designed in a manner that it repairs corrupted password protected PST files in just a few clicks. However, a user can recover and fix a corrupted PST file in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019, etc. also can use this application. The tool is a complete package to recover data from password protected Outlook PST files in all possible scenarios without any data loss.
Now, us take a look of its working process which is mentioned in the below section step by step:
Working Process Explained of the Software
Following are the working processes to complete tasks without facing trouble. So, let us take a look for the same by using the automated software:-
- Launch and run the software on your Windows machine.
- Now, click to Add Files and select the select file and search files on the pop-up from the screen
- Then, choose from the available export types and apply filters
- Finally, click on the Export button.
In this article, we have discussed how to recover Password Protected PST files. Manual & automated methods will help you to fulfill your issues. As we all know, a manual method is not suitable for recovering passwords from a PST file. And, it is also a lengthy & a time consuming process for non-technical users.
So, above we suggest you to use an automated software which is easy and a quick solution to recover password protected from Outlook PST files easily. And, both technical and non-technical users can easily perform their task without facing hassle. Now, the choice is yours which one is better for you and your issues.