QuickBooks is a one-stop solution for all the problems related to bookkeeping. The software is stacked with many features to execute credible and dependable accounting. There are a lot of monetary processes that QuickBooks handles, and they are carried out through the user’s bank account linked in QuickBooks. Unfortunately, some problems like QuickBooks error 108 arise due to issues with the connection to your bank account. There may be unseen updates on the bank’s website or an unstable server connection. If you also encountered this error in your QuickBooks, go through the blog to find out the causes for this error and the methods you can use to rectify them.
Talk to an expert regarding the issue, and call 1.855.738.2784.
About QuickBooks error 108
QuickBooks error 108 troubles the user while accessing the bank feeds or engaging in any task related to the bank account. This is a banking error that immediately pops up even if there is a minor issue in the connection to the bank servers. QuickBooks will probably cast these error codes on your screen if there is an unread notification, message, or any update from the bank, maybe related to your credit card. It can be any new information on the bank’s website that requires the account user’s action. Connectivity issues also play a significant role in the occurrence of this error. You might experience frozen windows on your system after error codes on your screen.
You may read also : QuickBooks Network Connection Error
There are various reasons this error occurs in QuickBooks. We have put together the most influential ones below-
- Poor Internet connection is a significant cause of these errors.
- Any unattended message or update on the bank’s website with user action required.
- The Firewall/Antivirus is blocking QuickBooks from connecting with the bank.
- Your browser settings are inappropriate, leading to a failure in the QuickBooks connection.
- QuickBooks software itself has some program files missing or damaged due to a virus attack or faulty installation of the software
- If you encountered this error while accessing a file, then the file might be damaged or corrupt.
You can rectify this error by using the methods below-
Solution 1- Check the Bank’s website for any new update
Having unattended updates on your Bank’s website is the most common cause of this error in QuickBooks. Follow the steps to access your bank website-
- Visit your bank’s website in a web browser.
- Access your bank account using your login credentials.
- Once you’ve signed in to your account in the browser, look out for any new messages, information, or updates from the bank.
- When you see an unattended update, open it and acknowledge it.
- If any actions are required, do as directed on the website.
- Once you have attended all the bank updates, reopen your QuickBooks.
Try the next solution if you still face this error in your QuickBooks.
Solution 2- Make sure your internet connection is fast enough for running QuickBooks
If the internet connectivity is not in a good state, the connection between QuickBooks and bank servers will suffer. These fluctuations in the connection can also cause this error to occur in the software. Refer to the steps to verify your internet connection is working efficiently-
- Visit Google in the browser on your computer.
- Search ‘Internet Speed Test’ in Google and run the test to find out the internet speed in your system.
- Your internet speed should be 3Mbps on average and 1.5Mbps on minimum.
- If the test results lack these requirements, upgrade your internet connection.
If everything’s fine with your connection, try the next solution.
Solution 3- Configure the Firewall settings to save QB files from getting blocked
Your antivirus/firewall may block some QB files and process mistaking them for malwares. You can open your antivirus and check the block list for any QB files or processes. Mark the files safe to prevent them from getting blocked again. Your QuickBooks require some specific ports to run smoothly; follow the steps below to configure your firewall settings-
- Type ‘Windows firewall’ on the search panel on your taskbar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security option from the search results.
- Select Inbound Rules from the options and click on New Rule from Actions.
- Click on the Port option and then click Next.
- For this question in the next window,’ Does this rule apply to TCP or UDP’; choose TCP.
- Click on the Specific local ports option & select the required ports for your QB version-
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017:8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018:8019,56728,55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019:8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and recent:8019, XXXXX.
- Click Next after choosing the ports.
- Select Allow the connection and then Next.
- Create a new rule with any name.
- Click on Finish.
Repeat all the steps after choosing Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules in step 3.
If the issue is still not fixed, try the next solution.
Solution 4- Uninstall QuickBooks and then install it again.
Your QuickBooks software might have developed some internal problems due to some files missing or corrupted. This can happen due to corruption of data in your hard drive, or the software was not correctly installed on your computer the last time-
- Open your control panel using the search bar on the taskbar.
- Click on Uninstall a program or Programs and features.
- Search for QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Right-click on the QB program and select Uninstall.
Your QuickBooks will be removed from the system after using the steps above. Let’s proceed to a clean reinstallation-
- Visit the QuickBooks website and download the installation file.
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file on your computer.
- Do as per the on-screen instructions and accept the software license agreement.
- Mention your license number and product key.
- Choose Express if you want it for a single computer
or Custom if you need it to host company files in a multi-user network or install it on a server or somewhere other than the default location.
- After the process is completed, open QuickBooks again.
The error will be resolved after using these methods.
This was everything related to QuickBooks error 108. We described why it might have developed in your QuickBooks and the solutions you can use to fix it. We hope the methods were easy to apply and your QuickBooks was error-free again.
For any further inquiries, call 1.855.738.2784 and talk to a QB professional.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost