Summary: Are you seeking for a technique to convert Thunderbird MBOX to EML files? Are you seeking for a solution that won’t cost you a time and that you can operate manually? If the answer is yes, you are welcome to put your faith in us; we will provide you all of the alternatives for converting your .mbox files to .eml format. Therefore, once you are prepared, let us get started…
When used in combination with Thunderbird, MBOX files offer a great many benefits that should not be overlooked. The limitation of this format, however, is that it can only handle a limited number of accounts that require specialised functionality. On the other hand, EML is a format that is suggested for the storage of emails since it is compatible with a wide number of client applications. In addition to this, there are a few more advantages that should be taken into consideration.
What are the Benefits of Converting Thunderbird MBOX Files to EML Format?
Enhanced Compatibility with Email Client Applications
MBOX is incompatible with a wide variety of email clients, some of which include Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, and DreamMail. The EML file format, on the other hand, is suitable for use with each of these email clients.
The EML file format may be read by a variety of web browsers in addition to text editors.
The structure of an EML file is comparable to that of an MHT file. By changing the file extension from .eml to .mht, you will make it possible for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera to open EML files. In addition, you may use a text editor to view the contents of an EML file. Some examples of text editors are Microsoft Notepad and TextWrangler. However, web browsers and text editors cannot read MBOX files because they use an incompatible format.
Therefore, some of the most important reasons why you and we convert Thunderbird MBOX files to EML are as follows: As a direct result of this, we are now going to describe to you the best and most economical method for doing it. Therefore, have a look at the strategy that is explained further down.
The Most Effective Way to Convert Thunderbird MBOX to EML Format
Option-1: Use the “Save As” function that is available in Thunderbird.
- Select the emails from your inbox that you want to have converted. Using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+A, you are able to select all of the emails that are included within a folder.
- Select “Save As” from the menu that appears when you right-click on the emails you wish to keep.
- Now, go to the location on your computer where you would like to save the EML files, and then click the Select Folder button.
- You may pick the required emails by pressing CTRL+A to select all of the emails or by pressing CTRL and the email selection you want to select particular emails.
- To save individual emails, right-click on them, then select “Save Selected Message.” Choose EML Format from the list of available choices.
- After making your selection, click the Select Folder button to store the EML files that were generated.
Option-3: If you want to convert Thunderbird MBOX files to EML format, you may utilise ImportExportTools to do it.
ImportExportTools is a free Add-on that is often made available by Mozilla Thunderbird. This Add-on is widely utilised within Thunderbird to perform a variety of purposes. Downloading and setting up ImportExportTools on your computer is a must for using this free add-on, which can be found here.
The following steps make up the straightforward installation process for the ImportExportTools Add-On: –
- To access the add-ons, go to the menu bar and click Tools >> Select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, navigate to the Featured Add-ons list and choose ImportExportTool from that list.
- Simply choose the “Add to Thunderbird” button to include ImportExportTools NG into Thunderbird.
- There is a display of the message “Add ImportExportTools NG?.” Make sure Add is selected.
- After that, click the icons labelled Install Now and Restart Now.
- Convert the .mbox format used by Thunderbird to the.eml format using an Add-On.
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird >> Make your selection in the chosen folder.
- Select ImportExportTools using the context menu that appears when you right-click the folder of choice. It is necessary to export all of the messages in the folder in EML format.
- Press the option labelled “Select Folder,” then navigate to the directory in which you wish to save the EML files that have been converted.
This is how you may convert Thunderbird MBOX to EML for free by making use of your Thunderbird email software.
Challenges That Employing Manual Procedures Might Bring About
The manual techniques that were described before are efficient, but they do have a few downsides, which are as follows:
- You are only permitted access to a single converted message at any given time.
- It does not keep a hierarchy of mailboxes that it manages.
- The ‘ImportExportTools’ can only export a single folder to the EML format at a time. As a consequence of this, the process of exporting all MBOX mail folders using the application could be a time-consuming one.
If, after witnessing it, you are still unsure about whether or not you should utilise the manual way, we can ease your mind. If you genuinely believe that the manual method is complicated, you can use the following tactic to convert Thunderbird MBOX to EML.
The Direct Approach to Convert Thunderbird Emails to EML Files
Using the Thunderbird Converter Software, you are able to convert emails from Thunderbird’s MBOX format to EML. It is a remarkable method that can convert .mbox files in Thunderbird directly to .eml files, and it does it without the requirement of Thunderbird or any other email client. You may find some of the utility functions in order to find why this approach would be superior for you.
Learn more About the Direct Approach
- Even if Thunderbird isn’t installed on your PC, it can convert MBOX files to EML format.
- By following a few simple steps, you may convert Thunderbird files to EML format with ease.
- You may quickly evaluate the data included in the Thunderbird files by previewing them.
- Any and all characteristics associated with emails received in Thunderbird, including attachments, can be changed.
- You may use Thunderbird’ MBOX hex or raw views to examine emails for forensics-related purposes.
- It assumes responsible for ensuring that all email attributes are retained during the conversion process.
- By using the explore option, you may select the location of the stored files that the application creates.
To sum everything up
It is now simple for you to convert Thunderbird MBOX to EML format. You now have access to the method that will be most successful in achieving your goals in this regard. It does, however, demand that you use an Add-on in conjunction with your Thunderbird account in order to make use of the built-in features of Thunderbird. To ensure that you do not run into any problems while converting files from the .mbox format used by Thunderbird to the.eml format, it is recommended that you go back through the steps outlined in the previous paragraph and read each one very carefully.
You May Also Read