Linksys is one of the trusted and most prestigious brands in Wifi extenders and routers technology. The extender is specially designed to strengthen the wifi signal if it is weak at your home and workplace. In case you are looking to perform the Linksys setup wifi extender process then, this blog is all you need to go through. So, read along to know all the insights of the Linksys extender setup process using extender.linksys.com.
Requirements for manually configuring the extender
You need to get the following things handy, to begin with, the Linksys extender setup process:
- SSID of the router
- The wireless channel details
- Security key or the wireless password
- Any compatible browser
- Ethernet cables
- Any wifi-enabled device
How to manually configure the Linksys wifi extender?
Before beginning with the Linksys setup wifi extender process, you must connect the devices using the ethernet cable. After that, plug the extender into a power outlet and just ensure that the LED lights are stable. To proceed further, follow the steps given below:
- Open your internet browser and fill in extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the browser and press Enter.
- You will be directed to the login window to key in the details like Username and password. Click on login after filling in the details.
- Once you access the web interface of the extender, go to the Wireless option and choose Basic Wireless Settings under it.
- Input the router’s Network Name( SSID) after setting the radio button to Manual.
- Choose the security settings which match the configuration of the router in the Wireless Security Fill in the Passphrase and the WEP Key and choose the Save Settings option. It is generally recommended to use WPA/WPA2 for optimum wireless performance.
- You can unplug the power cables of both the devices for approx 30 seconds and wait until the lights are stable. Once the lights are stable, you can plug the extender back.
Check the DHCP table to make sure if the extender is successfully installed or not. Run the Ping test on the extender with the help of the computer and check for replies. With this, consider the extender configuration process complete.
Linksys extender setup using the WPS
The Linksys extender setup process can also be executed with the help of the WPS facility. But, make sure that your device supports the WPS facility before beginning the setup process. Check out various methods to perform the extender configuration using WPS:
The WPS button is generally present on the side panel of the range extender to configure your range extender. In case the range extender was not configured previously, it will be configured to pair with an already existing wireless router after pressing the WPS button. If the extender was configured already, you can press the WPS button and configure the extender to pair with the wireless clients.
To begin with the web-based WPS configuration, log into the web management page of the range extender and choose WPS after hitting Wireless. Now, press the WPS button on the client device to start the process.
Using the WPS-PIN
Here, fill in the WPS PIN in the second field of the range extender’s web-based setup page and click on the Register button to start the extender configuration.
The default gateway extender.linksys.com can be used, to begin with the Linksys setup wifi extender setup process. The methods mentioned above will help you in the easy configuration of the range extender. But in case you have more doubts and queries, chat with our experts now via the toll-free number available.