About Aldi Video interview
Aldi is a supermarket that operates on a global level and is one of the largest retailer chains in Europe. What started as a small grocery outlet in 1913 in Germany has now grown into a mammoth chain of 750 stores sprawling across Europe. With one of the most lucrative job openings, the demand and competition of being placed in the Aldi ecosystem are very high. This is why in order to stand out from the crowd, as a candidate you will need to prepare for the Aldi video interview questions.
The Graduate Area Manager Programme
This program is a highly lucrative prospect and it lasts for two years. In the history of Aldi’s recruitment people who started as Area Manager went on to achieve big things with them. The current CEO was also an Area Manager. In the first year of the program, the program gives the candidates a taste of how the company works. They are given staff training for three months and are taught store management for two months. There shall be a three-week cover period where the candidate will act as an in-charge for the whole store. In the second year of the program, the candidates will mostly visit stores to develop a perspective on their roles and learn ways to recruit teams and train them.
Industrial Placement Scheme
This scheme is mostly for undergraduate students and Aldi mentions clearly they want people to be brave, curious, and passionate before they appear for the aldi video interview questions. There are certain posts in the industrial placement scheme and they are:
1. General Management Placement- In this post, the candidate will move between retail stores and head office teams where they learn about different areas of business.
2. E-commerce Placement- the Aldi Hiring process wants you to be acquainted with the business that is being conducted in the digital world.
3. Corporate Buying Placement- This placement is in Aldi’s main office and as a candidate who has successfully passed the Aldi video interview questions the person will gain experience in PR, marketing, and advertising.
4. IT placement- Candidates who get through the Aldi online interview questions with an interest in the field of IT will be placed in high-performing and yet small teams. They do not necessarily require a degree in this field.
What qualifications and skills are required to appear in the Aldi interview process?
For the graduate area manager program, Aldi asks for the following qualifications in the candidates before they appear for the Aldi video interview questions:
1. A 2:1 in any discipline
2.96 UCAS points
3. A functional driving license
4. The right to work in the country in question
The Aldi interview process does not emphasize having prior experience in retail management as Aldi provides training to the candidates.
Aldi Personality Requirements
The Aldi way of training its apprentices is conducted keeping in mind that the training should make business actions more cohesive and effective. In order to get through the Aldi hiring process a candidate must have the following character traits:
1. Ambitious and strong-willed with a positive and proactive attitude.
2. The ability to gel well with teammates and follow business rationale to take decisions.
3. Inquisitive about how to get things done in a simpler yet effective manner.
4. The commitment towards any task that the candidate is involved in.
5. Customer-centric decision making.
6. Driven and focussed.
How does the Aldi hiring process work?
There are five stages that one must pass through in the Aldi interview process before Aldi places them in one of their schemes:
The first stage of the Aldi hiring process is submitting the online application. The online application will check your skills and educational qualifications along with your prior work experience. A candidate can also submit a separate CV along with the application for their benefit. However, while filling the application form the candidate should not use phrases like “refer to the CV” and should answer all the questions concisely and honestly. If you have retail or management experience make sure that you highlight them.
Online Psychometric Test
The Online Aldi assessment will be a combination of numerical reasoning, logical reasoning, and verbal reasoning tests. The Aldi hiring process administers each of these tests to check if the candidate has the appropriate skills to handle a particular position.
1. The numerical Aldi online interview questions will revolve around mathematical problems at the GCSE levels. However, since the time is limited a candidate might be under a lot of pressure.
2. In the logical reasoning part of the Aldi assessment, there are certain shapes and patterns that are present and the job of the candidate in the Aldi assessment is to figure out the next logical shape.
3. In the verbal reasoning section of the Aldi Assessment, the candidate gets a passage out of which he will have to answer questions in the form of True or False. Candidates should not try and answer questions based on their previous knowledge of things. This test is designed to find out if candidates are able to derive inferences from what is in front of them.
In this stage of the Aldi assessment, a candidate must upload a five-minute video describing who they are and what their ambitions and motivations are. These Aldi online interview questions enable Aldi to understand your personality and your people skills better. As an area manager or an integral part of the company, your job will be to fit people from different cultural backgrounds into one team. This video and how you present yourself gives Aldi a measure of how ready you are to assume responsibility.
When a candidate clears the aforementioned Aldi video application, the recruiters ask the candidate to join the Aldi assessment center along with other candidates. The Aldi assessment day typically includes a short brief from the managing director, presentations from the candidates’ end, and a Q&A session with senior management of the Aldi brand. The Aldi assessment day starts functioning the moment a candidate steps inside the assessment center. Therefore candidates should comport themselves with dignity and dress appropriately.
1. Your presentation should not exceed two minutes. What you want to talk about should be interesting for you as well as relevant to the role that you are applying for. Talk about or highlight skills or things about yourself that you would want the assessors to remember.
2. In the group activity stage of the Aldi Hiring process, the candidates will get a hypothetical situation that will force them to think under pressure. The situation is usually a crisis situation where the rational ability of candidates to prioritize one thing over another is evaluated. There is no right or wrong in this section of the Aldi interview as people will be more interested in how you arrive at those decisions.
The final interview is the last stage of the Aldi interview system and will last around thirty minutes. The regional managing director will conduct this interview. If a candidate gets employed in the area manager role they will be closely working with the regional managing director therefore it is of paramount importance that the candidate makes a good impression in the Aldi video interview questions.