The CLAT 2022 exam will be conducted on 08 May 2022. You should be smart enough while creating a study plan for Common Law Admission Test, as all subjects play a vital role in qualifying for the exam.
Important Instructions for CLAT Study Plan 2022
- CLAT study plans are determined by the number of days till the exam. Applicants must concentrate on their strengths and shortcomings and schedule their time accordingly. Here are a few pointers on how to approach the CLAT exam 2022 when preparing for it.
- Sort the subjects from most significant to least important based on their importance and your comprehension. For example, Advanced Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, and International Law are the most significant topics in CLAT PG, whereas Environmental Law and Contract Act are the least important.
- Every day, keep up with current events by reading the news and staying informed on amendments, legal updates, and new developments.
- While studying legal concepts, devote effort to the relevant mapping of cases. Learn about contemporary cases, advances, and historical milestones.
- Mock tests and plenty of comprehension-based exercises are recommended. They boost productivity and cultivate the habit of reading more quickly, saving time.
- Solve as many practice exams, sample questions, and previous year’s exam papers as you can. While doing so, set a timer.
- Examine your weak spots and invest extra work in places where you might improve.
- Allow enough time for revision at the conclusion.
What Should I Include in the Daily CLAT Study Plan 2022?
Firstly, remember study plan doesn’t mean 24*7 you need to study. It is very essential to relax and take breaks.
Along with completing the syllabus, the other aspects of preparation such as revision, practicing CLAT Question Papers, and attempting CLAT online mock tests should also be considered while making the study plan.
Topic Preferred Time Allotment
Reading Newspaper 45 mins
Topics from Error Log 1 hour
Vocabulary 1 hour
Current Legal Knowledge 1 hour
Mathematics 1 hour
Puzzles/Analytical Reasoning 45 mins
Passages & Grammar 1-1.5 hours
Revision for the day 1.5 hours
Solve Previous Year Papers Weekly twice
Practice Mock Tests Weekly Once
Section Wise CLAT Study Plan 2022
Many of you may have queries on subject-wise preparation like what are the important topics, what should be focused on more, etc. Well, go through the subject-wise study plan from the post below and enhance your preparation for the upcoming CLAT exam.
CLAT Study Plan for English
In the English section, around 28-32 questions will be asked. This section basically tests your proficiency in Vocabulary and Grammar.
- The English Language only comes with practice. Read, Re-Read to improve vocabulary.
- Be a voracious reader. Read everything you can lay your hands on.
- Strengthen your grammar. Good Grammar ensures a good score in the English section.
- Try to learn at least 5-10 new words per day and use them in your daily life.
- Understand the usage of the words in sentences.
- Read Newspaper and Editorial columns to improve your vocabulary.
- Practice the cloze test as it has become important for CLAT.
CLAT Study Plan for General Knowledge
The GK section includes 35-39 questions on topics like Sports, History, Art & Culture, Economics, and Govt. Policy, Books, Geography, Awards, National & International Events, Organizations, and people,
- Make a habit of reading the newspaper daily.
- For current affairs, prefer major newspapers and monthly magazines.
- Make sure to acquire a sound knowledge of what’s happening in the country.
- Also, watch the news regularly to stay updated with all the latest issues happening across the globe.
CLAT Study Plan for Mathematics
- You need not be very good at Maths. Elementary and intermediate level mathematics is all you need to clear this exam.
- The primary focus of the CLAT exam will be English, Legal Aptitude, and GK. However, if you need to get a good rank you need to brush up on your mathematics to score well in this section or you will be left behind.
- Identify the relevant topics and have a clear understanding of each concept.
Practice previous year’s question papers to know the type of questions and the difficulty level.
Try to analyze your performance after completion of each question paper and improve in weaker areas.
Also Read: How to Prepare for Maths Section in CLAT?
CLAT Study Plan for Legal Aptitude
- Legal aptitude continues to be the most important section of CLAT. Important book references for this would be the Constitution of India and the Legal Penal Code. You can refer to books on subjects like “Most commonly used legal terms” and “legal glossary terms”.
- As a law aspirant, you need to have sound knowledge of the most commonly used legal terms. Be thorough with all the Judgements, laws, amendments, and constitution articles.
- Also, be aware of important articles in the constitution, IPC, Legal Know-how, important personalities in Law, Right to information, important articles, acts, and bye-laws from the CLAT perspective.
Study Plan for CLAT Logical Reasoning
- This section basically tests your logical thinking and reasoning ability. Most of the questions are asked on topics like Critical and Verbal Reasoning, Analogies, Number Series, and Fact inference judgment.
- Hence, you are advised to allow at least one hour of time for CLAT preparation for all these topics daily. Also, solve puzzle-related questions and games that demand logic.
- A good Vocabulary will help you solve this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
CLAT Toppers Study Plan 2022
Following is the study plan recommended by toppers that will help you how to concentrate during your preparation and what needs to be done to ace the exam easily.
- Read the newspaper regularly till the end of the exam
- Allot 1.5 to 2 hours daily for preparing the quantitative aptitude section. Note down all the important formulas in a notebook.
- Try to attempt at least one CLAT Mock Test every 4-5 days.
- After the completion of each mock test, spend at least 2- 3 hours analyzing the performance of each mock test.
- At the end of the day, revise all the topics you prepared for that particular day.
- Focus on the most important topics of the year to score good marks in the current affairs section.
- Solve 10-15 critical reasoning questions and 5 reading comprehension passages daily.
- Follow Daily Current Affairs to be prepared for the general knowledge section. This way you can stay updated about all the latest happenings across the globe.