Your wardrobes are incomplete without sunglasses. Sunglasses are not only needed as a fashion accessory but also integral for keeping your eyes healthy, as these pairs protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays. With things like global warming and climate change being experienced globally, the utility of sunglasses has only increased these days.
Recently, I got my pair of trendy black sunglasses. Have you got yours? Here is a guide for you to make the most out of your sunglasses purchase.
What’s the need for sunglasses?
Why do you need sunglasses in the first place? Before moving ahead, it is important that we address this.
Preventing sun-related health concerns
This is certainly the most important reason why you need sunglasses. UV rays are harmful and there are certain medical conditions that it may cause.
- Cataracts – Development of cloudy areas around the lenses of the eyes results in cataracts. This medical condition might result due to prolonged and long-term exposure to UV rays.
- Macular Degeneration – This is caused when the macula – a part of the retina – deteriorates. Macular degeneration can lead to vision impairment.
- Skin Cancer – Sunglasses not only protect your eyes but also the skin surrounding your eyes, which too is sensitive to the harmful UV rays, and can also result in skin cancer, if the exposure to UV rays is prolonged and long-term.
Prevention from outdoor elements
There are various kinds of elements that you might encounter when you are outdoors. These include wind, rain, snow, dust, etc. Putting on a pair of sunglasses is an effective mechanism to prevent these elements from causing any hindrance in your vision.
When light rays reflected off various obstacles reach our eyes, glare is something that might be experienced. Glare might not just hinder your vision, but may also cause conditions such as eye strain and headaches. To eliminate glare, you have the option of polarised sunglasses to go with.
Your intimate fashion accessory
Sunglasses are great for your outdoor fashion needs. Today, you can find a huge variety of sunglasses in various styles and colours, and for all moods and occasions. From the retro round sunglasses to the classic aviators, from the sassy cat-eye sunglasses to the edgy wayfarers, the amazing variety ensures that there are not just a few but multiple pairs for everyone.
Things you should know before buying sunglasses
Now that you know the importance of sunglasses, when you go to buy your pairs, here are some considerations that you should make.
- Don’t settle for the pairs that don’t provide 100% UV protection. Sunglasses that provide complete UV protection come loaded with both UVA & UVB protective coatings. So do look out for this criteria when you go to buy your sunglasses.
- If along with UV protection, your need is protection from glare as well, polarised sunglasses are what you should be going for. These pairs have a filter applied over their lenses, which filter out the reflected light rays responsible for causing glare, and thereby eliminating glare.
- If you have a need for full peripheral coverage of your eyes, wraparound sunglasses can come to your rescue. These pairs are curved from the ends. Wraparound sunglasses are a great option for those who are exposed to the sunny bright conditions for a long duration of time.
- While choosing the tints for your sunglasses, you should know that all the tint options are equally effective in blocking UV rays. You are free to go for the ones that suit your fashion needs.
- If you are someone who requires an eyesight correction and wears prescription glasses, you should make it a point that when you step outdoors in bright sunny conditions, you should make a switch to prescription sunglasses. These pairs serve the function of both UV protection and eyesight correction.
Buying sunglasses online
With the surge in online sales, sunglasses have become a top-selling item, largely due to the array of advantages they offer in the digital sphere. The convenience, extensive variety, and ease of comparison shopping are just a few reasons why purchasing sunglasses online is gaining immense popularity. Moreover, many online platforms provide Replacement Sunglasses Parts, offering customers the flexibility to repair or customize their eyewear, further enhancing the appeal of online purchases. These factors collectively make buying sunglasses online a truly worthwhile experience, catering to diverse preferences and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Incredible variety at affordable prices
The variety of sunglasses being sold online is bound to leave you surprised. And what makes them more amazing is their pocket-friendly prices, which is cut down further if you avail the offers and discounts frequently offered here.
To experience the wide variety of online sunglasses, do make it a point to visit multiple sites. This is not at all a time taking process as these sites have an easy navigability.
By using the search box provided over all these sites, you can arrive at a particular pair just in one click. You can also use the sort & filter feature to limit down your search and look for pairs that you are only interested in.
Trying on your clothing and accessories before you finalise your purchase is a good shopping practice to abide by. And when it comes to glasses or sunglasses, it becomes all the more important.
By availing the home trial feature, you can try on your sunglasses from the comforts of your home. You can get multiple pairs of sunglasses delivered at once, and try them on to know which one suits you the best. The best thing about the home trial service is that it comes at no added cost, i.e, it is free
Reglaze glasses service is an affordable way to add a pair of sunglasses to your wardrobes. By opting for this, you can get any of your existing pair of glasses upgraded to sunglasses.
In this process, your existing lenses are replaced by those which are loaded with an UV protective coating, and the new lenses are then fitted into the same frames of your existing pairs.
If your prescription changes and you already have a pair of prescription sunglasses, reglaze glasses can come to your rescue. You can send your prescription sunglasses for reglazing, and the lenses of these pairs will be replaced with lenses with the updated prescription.
Fast delivery and easy returns
Gone are those days when you had to wait long for products ordered online. By optimising the delivery process, glasses are now delivered in quick time.
For returns, there is a comprehensive criteria, which is user-friendly. Also, the time frame within which you can return your glasses is reasonable enough for you to realise the need for a return.