Fitness classes can be great for your health and mind. But sometimes you need a change of scenery to keep things interesting. When you’re stuck inside or want something new and exciting, take your workout outdoors! These 9 outdoor fitness class ideas will help you get fit while enjoying the fresh air.
The benefits of fitness classes are endless.
Fitness classes are an excellent way to get your sweat on and have fun at the same time. They’re a great way to meet new friends or connect with old ones, so you’ll be able to stay motivated when your fitness routine gets stale. You can do fitness classes anywhere—just look online and find one in your area! No matter what kind of workout you want, there’s probably a class around that will fit your needs.
If you’ve never tried it before, here are some reasons why taking fitness classes is so awesome:
- They’re fun! There’s nothing better than feeling like you’re part of something bigger than yourself while exercising (and making new friends).
- You don’t have to worry about equipment—the instructor usually supplies everything for the class. This makes it easy for beginners who may not own their own equipment yet (or even know how heavy weightlifting should feel).
Now, fitness classes that take place outdoors offer even more benefits.
Now, fitness classes that take place outdoors offer even more benefits. Besides helping you lose weight and stay fit, research has shown that exercising in nature can improve your mood and mental health. In fact, one study found that just 20 minutes of walking through green spaces can make a person feel calmer, happier and less stressed.
No matter what kind of exercise class you’re looking for—whether it’s yoga or dancing—there are plenty of ways to get out there and enjoy the fresh air while getting your sweat on:
Still, it can be hard to break away from your everyday routine. This is where outdoor fitness class ideas come in.
Still, it can be hard to break away from your everyday routine. This is where outdoor fitness class ideas come in. They offer more variety than indoor fitness classes and can help you stay motivated when going outside seems like the last thing you want to do.
Some outdoor fitness classes are easier than others, but they all have an element of challenge that keeps things interesting. Whether you’re looking for something fun or something more challenging, there’s sure to be an outdoor class that fits your needs—and gets you out of the gym and into nature!
Below are 9 cross-continental outdoor fitness class ideas that will keep things interesting and make you want to get outside and get fit.
You might be noticing a theme here. There are so many outdoor fitness classes to choose from, and we’re sure you have your favorite options. However, the great thing about trying new things is that it often opens up a whole new world of possibilities. We’ve included some of our favorites below—but if you don’t see anything that interests you this time around, make sure to check out Groupon’s extensive list of more than 800 local events and activities.
Water aerobics is a great way to start your outdoor fitness routine. The water provides resistance and makes the workout more challenging, which means you burn more calories. Plus, it’s easier on joints than land-based exercise.
There are many benefits of water aerobics:
- Increased blood flow and circulation with less impact on your body
- Improved balance, coordination and muscle strength
Hammock fitness is another great way to get active with a friend or on your own. You can learn all of the moves in just a few minutes.Then it’s as easy as laying back and swinging your arms over your head.
It’s important to find a sturdy hammock that supports at least two people, so make sure you shop around before purchasing one online. If you’re looking for something inexpensive but dependable, the Malaysia Hammock comes highly recommended by users who have been using it for years!
When you think of trampolining, you might think of that one kid in your neighborhood whose parents bought him a trampoline and he was constantly jumping on it. You may have wondered why they did this, or if they even knew the potential health benefits of trampolining. Maybe you’re still wondering today!
Well, there are plenty of reasons why owning a rebounder (the technical name for an indoor trampoline) can benefit you and your family—it’s not just for kids anymore!
Here are some things to consider:
- Trampolining is an effective workout that can be done anywhere. In fact, it doesn’t require any special equipment or space; all you need is a simple rebounder that has netting around it so that people won’t fall off when they bounce up and down on their feet. If not available in your area yet but still want to try out this activity anyway then check out Amazon where there are many different types available ranging from $20-$150 depending on quality level desired.* This type of fitness class will keep everyone entertained while getting fit at the same time!
Yoga on a SUP
Yoga on a SUP: Yoga is a great way to get your body moving and improve balance, flexibility, and strength. You can do it anywhere you can find water!
- Stay safe while doing yoga on a paddleboard by using an inflatable mat or padding down the board with towels or other soft material. It’s also important to wear sunscreen and apply ample bug spray to avoid getting burned or bitten by bugs.
- Try these poses: The Plank Pose (aka “Downward Dog”), The Cobra Pose, Tree Pose (Vrksasana), Warrior I Stance (Virabhadrasana I).
Kayak Boot Camp
There are many different types of kayak classes, from basic beginner’s courses to more advanced classes that focus on specific techniques. Some classes may be taught in the water while others are done on land and include equipment like paddles or life jackets. Some instructors will lead you through a series of drills designed to help improve your paddle stroke, while others will take you out into open water for an exciting adventure.
Whether you’re looking for something fun and creative, or something challenging and invigorating, there are plenty of options out there for those wishing to try their hand at kayaking (or just get some exercise).
Outdoor HIIT Training
- HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training, and it’s one of the most effective ways to burn fat, improve cardiovascular health, and gain muscle all at the same time.
- You can do this type of exercise anywhere—but it’s especially fun when you’re outdoors. Whether you’re running through your neighborhood or hiking with friends on an outdoor trail. There are endless opportunities to mix up your routine with HIIT training.
- You can either train in a group or by yourself; both options are beneficial! If you like having company while working out, try joining an outdoor fitness class where other people will keep you motivated throughout your session (and after). However if traveling solo isn’t an issue for you then taking advantage of nature by yourself can also be very rewarding!
Swimming is also low impact, which means you don’t have to worry about hurting your joints when you’re doing it. Swimming is an especially great workout for people who are overweight or obese. Because it burns calories more efficiently than other activities like running and cycling.
Stroller workouts are a great way to get a workout while spending time with your family. Depending on the weather, and you can do them with your child in the stroller. The only limit is your imagination!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Inflate an air mattress and spend 30 minutes pumping up those arms. Alternately, use an exercise ball as a chair to perform core-focused moves. You can even do this while watching TV together at night.
- How about using that stroller as an extension of yourself? Grab some weights and perform resistance training exercises. You’ll burn more calories than if you were lifting at home because of all that cardio work!
Nature Walks with a Personal Trainer
You don’t have to be an expert in the outdoors to reap the benefits of this activity. Sometimes a few gentle steps through a park can be just as rejuvenating as a strenuous hike up a mountain. All you need is fresh air and sunlight for your body and mind.
Here’s how you can make it happen:
- Plan some time for yourself where you can take your dog or children with you for exercise. Be sure that they’re wearing proper footwear (like sneakers) as well! If they’re young children, consider bringing along their favorite stuffed animal(s) as well. This will help them stay motivated throughout laps around the park.
Outside fitness classes give you access to the best the outdoors has to offer
Spending time outdoors is a great way to get fit. You get all of the benefits of being outside, including increased vitamin D and exposure to natural light. It can be hard to break away from your everyday routine if you don’t have anything interesting planned.
Fortunately, there are many outdoor fitness classes available that help you mix things up with something new and exciting! These types of classes give you access to the best the outdoors has to offer. Whether it’s an epic view, unique plants and wildlife.
Taking part in outdoor fitness classes is a great way to keep things interesting, stay on top of your workout routine and take advantage of the best that nature has to offer. You don’t have to be an expert at any of these activities either—just bring along your willingness and enthusiasm!