The body is made up of bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage, and blood, all of which are, in turn, made of tissues. The tissues are further made of cells, which are ultimately made of proteins and peptides. Therefore, be it disease diagnosis and treatment, nutrition, or even anti-aging and skincare, peptides have wide-ranging applications in healthcare, many of which people still don’t know about. Hence, research and development (R&D) on these molecules is extensive, already shedding light on around 700 individual peptides occurring naturally!
Protein expression, the chain of events by which a protein is created, modified, and regulated in the body, is being extensively studied to come up with advanced drugs. In this regard, the recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) technology has been widely researched upon, as it can produce high volumes of purified recombinant proteins.
Disease research is another significant application category in the catalog peptides market considering the rising prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), diabetes, neurological diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases, and blood disorders. For instance, CVDs kill 17.9 million people alone each year, while cancers account for an annual mortality of 9.6 million, as per the World Health Organization (WHO). Moreover, diabetes is one of the commonest diseases in the world, affecting 537 million people, as per the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). Similarly, several neurological diseases, especially multiple sclerosis (MS), are untreatable presently, but may be with peptides.
Due to such extensive R&D in this field, North America dominated the catalog peptides market during the historical period (2014–2018). Moreover, many large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are operational in the region, which not only results in a large number of research projects, but also high-volume peptide production and consumption. Further, the region accounts for a high prevalence of cancer, CVDs, MS, and diabetes, which drives the demand for peptide-based drugs.
Thus, with a better understanding of peptides and their functions inside the human body, the demand for them in disease diagnosis and treatment will boom.
Detailed Analysis of the Catalog Peptides Industry Research Report
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings