The quality of a website can be defined in a number of different ways. When thinking about quality website design, obviously appearance is a primary factor. Men and women are more drawn to visually attractive website design. However, there are other factors that need to be considered when looking at the quality of a website.
Some of the most important factors include user friendliness and navigation, design, business logic, engineering, compatibility and how search engine friendly the website is. While many businesses believe that return on investment to also be a factor defining website quality, it is more based on external factors, including other marketing efforts and the price of the provided goods and/or services Website Design Los Angeles.
- User friendliness and navigation are extremely important. A quality website should take a visitor on a tour, starting from explaining / demonstrating the product or service, then through offering more information about it, showing more pictures, data… and then leading into purchasing the product or contacting the website owner for more information, appointment,… Good design makes a website easy to navigate. The way in which the website takes its visitors through the full path from first visiting through purchasing a product or service, learning about the company, or just getting the contact details of that business, is very essential. Items that contribute to the overall user friendliness of a website include professionalism, how clean the page layouts are, legible content, clear navigation, and easy-to-understand instructions.
- The design of any website is very important. Nowadays, a website gets from 3 to 6 seconds to catch it’s viewer attention before he or she decides to move on. The website needs to be appealing but also informative. First, it should have enough images/graphics to tell the viewer right away what this website is about and communicate it clearly. Second, it should have enough of the valuable content so if the visitor decides to read, he can get enough information on this website without going somewhere else. Good, quality website design has the right balance of “entertainment” and “informational content”.
Next few features of a quality website are related to its engineering and technology.
- Business logic is another vital defining quality. The website design and the code need to function properly between the two. What differs the quality website – its efficiency – so that the future updates and additions, including logic, database integrations, and visual components become easy achievable.
- Strong website engineering begins with necessary planning on how exactly the website will be constructed and how all the moving parts and features will fit together to create a seamless website design. Proper website design architecture, therefore, is required to accommodate all website necessities to guarantee flexibility, structural stability, security, and meet all performance demands both in the short term and long term. Very often clients tend to say “Let’s have these pages for now and later we can either move them over somewhere or add more pages…” It is very difficult and sometimes frustrating to redo the structure of the website. It’s easy to move one sub-menu page, let’s say “cream” from category “pharmacy” under category “beauty products.” But it could be difficult to change the structure or logic of the website altogether. It is a good idea to draw a simple map of the website first asking a client to determine main blocks of the website or main menu options that he would like to have.
- Compatibility. Another modern necessity for a website is that it needs to work for all computer operating systems, such as Windows and Apple, and commonly used web browsers, including Internet Explorer (with different versions), Mozilla, Safari and Google Chrome. Now, with the increasing popularity and technological innovations of the smart phone, mobile website design is just as important. Efficient website design, no matter how it is being viewed, needs to communicate directly with the visitor to brand and assist in achieving all the objectives and goals set up by the website.
- One last defining quality of any website is its search engine friendliness. Businesses are very aware of the fact that search engines can spell success or failure for any website, depending on where it ranks in a search result. The higher up a website is on the search engine page, the more traffic it will receive, increasing brand awareness and most likely return on investment as well. There are certain things that can kill the website’s ranking, such as errors in code, bad navigation, broken links… And there are certain things that are “liked” by search engines like quality keyword focused content, H1 tags, proper alt tags, bold fonts, as well as meta tags and so on. Professional web design teams know all the ins and outs of SEO and can assist in getting the right keywords and the right on-site and off-site SEO optimizations. So, the quality website would already integrate the right content and pictures, with the focus to search engine optimization.
Web design professionals, I mean really professionals, know that the right website design will increase the online sales of any business. If you do not include important aspects on your website, such as important information regarding goods and services, before & after photos, testimonials, videos, contact information presented the right way,… there is a very good chance that the online business profit margins will suffer. By utilizing professional web design agency, you work with experts in the web design industry who know just what is required to make a website profitable. They also offer the necessary flexibility required to analyze the business and make the best possible suggestions about what to include on the page.
Over the years, I saw many websites and saw the work of many web design companies. My advice is – don’t go for the cheapest ones. Usually such companies don’t spend time on studying your industry, your particular needs, they use pre-made templates and fill them with text found on other websites – that will lead you later on to being penalized by Google in ranking. It doesn’t mean that you need to spend a fortune. No. But take your choice seriously. You are not going to change your website very often. Most likely you will stick with it for a few years, making some adjustments and adding more information. So, do it right from the beginning. Invest in your “face and mark” on the internet.
It does not matter if you are selling five products or 500; you need to highlight the best products on your website. A professional web designer will know your targeted audience, exactly what they are online searching for, and how to highlight products to guarantee increased sales. Quality website convey what you are offering and converts potential customers into paying customers.
Your business is most likely not the only one in the industry, and therefore, your website needs to be unique and memorable. If you utilize ready-to-use templates, there is a very good possibility that other websites utilized the same template and will have similar website design as you. Website surfers are always looking for fresh and new, not the same website numerous times. A professional website designer will analyze all promotional materials and comprehensively integrate them into a unique, coherent design. These improved aesthetics will increase the business’ presence online, something that cannot be done with publicly used templates Los Angeles Web Design.
Lastly, creating a website by a professional saves you time. Professionals do know that quality website designs require detail-oriented work. This necessitates the use of resources, including time, which your business may not have available to them. By selecting a professional website design team, you can maintain your focus on your business while you let the design team make sure you get the best possible business website that will be profitable for your business.