What is Arthritis?
The swelling in joints of our body that may cause extreme pain is called Arthritis in medical terms. It could be due to regular wear and tear of joints, any injury, infections or several other reasons. It may result in a faulty immune disorder where immunity cells start attacking healthy cells instead of foreign substances. If not treated timely and properly, the situation may deteriorate.
Ayurveda has some magical remedies through which we can handle and minimize this disorder. As we all know that Ayurveda uses a holistic and systematic method to heal diseases, which results in long-term relief.
Dr. Sharda Ayurveda is Worldwide famous for treating patients through Ayurvedic treatment. One has to Book ayurvedic online consultation from them to get the necessary information regarding the natural methods to heal their ailments.
Numerous patients across the globe are getting relief from joint pain with the help of Ayurvedic techniques shared by them.
Types of Arthritis:
Arthritis has more than 100 types, but the major and common types are as follows:-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Juvenile arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Post-viral arthritis
- Cervical spondylosis
- Lumbar spondylosis
If you are experiencing these signs, you may be diagnosed with Arthritis:
- Pain in joints:- You may have pain in the ankles, back, fingers, hands, muscles, neck, wrists, and other joints of the body.
- Swelling:- The joints become inflamed.
- Restricted motion:- You may face difficulty while walking, running or doing any other physical activity.
- Nodule:- The lumps may develop on the joints of fingers and toes.
- Redness:- The skin around the joints may turn red.
- Fatigue:- The person may experience tiredness.
- Stiffness:- The person suffers while bending or moving muscles.
- Sensation:- You may feel pain like your joints are burning.
Risk factors contributing to joint pain:-
- Obesity:- The joints have to suffer due to heavy pressure or weight, which may result in arthritis.
- Injuries:- If you had suffered an injury, whether internal or external, it may contribute to your joint pain.
- Age:- As the person gets older, the chances of his/her getting joint pain may also increase.
- Type of Work:- If your work involves heavy lifting or any other strenuous activity, that puts more compulsion on your joints, resulting in pain.
Major Causes of Arthritis:
Due to the following reasons, joint pain may arise-
- Family history:- Joint pain may arise if your family members are diagnosed with Arthritis.
- Infections or viruses:- Chikungunya, Alphavirus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Zika virus etc may also result in joint pain and inflammation.
- Poor lifestyle:- If you are following a sluggish lifestyle, there are more chances that you will be a patient of this disorder.
- Diet:- Consumption of junk food, and eating less or not properly cooked food can also cause arthritis.
- Excess weight:- Obesity can also lead to joint problems because joints are forced to handle heavy weight.
- Smoking:- The smoke of cigarettes and tobacco increases the inflammatory proteins called cytokines in the body that damages organs and joints.
- Exercise:- Another reason that can cause joint pain is- if your body lacks movement. One can opt for walking, cycling, Yoga or meditation in order to stay fit.
Adopting Ayurveda for Arthritis is the best way through which one can easily get a pain-free and healthy life.
5 Magical Herbs to heal Arthritis:-
- Turmeric:- This herb is also called the healing herb and has been used since ancient times due to its anti-inflammatory nature. It reduces swelling and pain. The easiest way to consume turmeric is to make turmeric tea.
Mode of consumption-
*Add a teaspoon of turmeric to 4 cups of hot water.
*Let it simmer for 10 minutes before consuming.
- Ginger:- This herb has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, weight-loss friendly and several other useful properties. One can opt for ginger tea, eating raw pieces or adding it to their daily food.
Mode of consumption-
*Firstly peel and chop ginger into small pieces.
*Add half of the water to a blender along with these pieces and blend it.
*Ginger Paste is ready. You may add more water for your desired consistency and can use this paste in your regular food.
- Aloe vera:- The herb has several medical uses as it helps to get rid of skin infections, swelling, and joint pain. It is commonly available and provides root-based relief.
Mode of Application-
*Break open a leaf of Aleo vera
*Massage with the gel coming out from the leaf directly on the skin.
- Cat’s claw:- This is another herb that prevents osteoarthritis. It contains effective antioxidants that fight against harmful viruses and reduces inflammation.
Mode of consumption-
The supplements of Cat’s claw can be taken as a powder, liquid extract or capsule. One should consult an Ayurvedic doctor about the dosage of this herb before consuming it.
- Thunder God Vine:- The herb has been used from traditional times as a medicine to heal. It makes your immunity system strong and its anti-swelling nature reduces inflammation.
Mode of consumption-
*Taking Thunder God Vine leaf or powder extract by mouth is the most effective way to get relief from the problems of Arthritis.
Magical Food to get rid of Arthritis:
By adding the following food to your diet, you can minimize the effect of arthritis-
- Berries:- One should eat blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and boysenberries etc. to avoid such ailments because it provides strength to our immunity system that helps to fight against arthritis.
- Apple:- It is rightly said that “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away” because apples are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that decrease the risk of arthritis as well as other diseases.
- Beets:- These contain nitrates, which remove harmful compounds from your bloodstream, which results in a reduction of swelling. Additionally, it also purifies your blood and lungs.
- Romaine lettuce:- These are rich in Vitamin C, which supports our immune system and keeps bones strong. You may add the leaves of romaine to your salad or sandwiches.
- Zucchini:- The zucchini is rich in lutein which encourages skin health by reducing inflammation. One can consume zucchini by-
*Slicing Thin raw zucchini and add them to salads.
*Adding roasted or boiled zucchini to soups.
- Celery:- It is a good source of vitamin C, flavonoids, and antioxidants. One may consume it as crisp and crunchy after roasting or by making juice.
- Fennel root:- Nature of this plant is anti-swelling and non-bacterial. Along with its culinary uses, it improves the symptoms of Arthritis and provides relief to patients.
Why one should choose Ayurveda for Arthritis?
- No Side effects:- Since Ayurvedic treatment involves no use of chemicals, there is no chance of any side effects to your body.
- Root-based treatment:- Ayurveda eliminates toxins from the body, which are the major cause of several diseases, and improves our digestive system.
- Use of herbs:- Ayurvedic treatment includes natural herbs and spices, which are easy to find and are equivalently effective.
- Pain-less treatment:- The diseases are healed with pain-less techniques. Children and elders both can adopt Ayurveda in order to get a healthy life.
- Long-term relief:- The painkillers may hide the pain for a limited period, but Ayurveda provides natural long-term relief to the person diagnosed with ailments.
In a nutshell, we can say that if you want to treat your arthritis or any other disease in a natural way then Ayurveda is the best option available. These herbs and foods are so commonly available that everyone can easily get benefits from them.
If you are looking to know more herbs and foods help to treat arthritis then pick your phone and book Ayurvedic online consultation from Dr. Sharda Ayurveda.