Low computer speed often leads to low productivity and high distraction. There could be multiple reasons why your PC is working slower than usual. You must fix this issue before it starts hindering your performance. To increase your system’s performance, have a quick look at the ways to make your computer faster in 2021.
How to make your computer work faster?
Rather than getting yourself a new PC or laptop, try to fix the low speeding issues of your old computer to make it more efficient.
There are a few tips for you to follow in order to make your computer run faster.
Tip 1: Clear disk space
If you’re running low on disk space, it could be one of the major reasons why your computer is working slower. Unnecessary folders, media, and other files could take up your disk space.
You must follow the steps mentioned below to clean your disk :
- Go to My Computer and right-click on the local hard disk and select on properties.
- The occupied space will be shown on the screen for you to see how much space is taken by the disk.
If you’re running out of space, then follow these instructions:
- By pressing the window key on your keyword, the start menu will appear. Find the Disk Cleanup in the search bar and select Disk cleaner from the result.
- You’ll find ‘Files to delete’ in the Disk Cleaner, then select Thumbnails, Temporary internet files, Recycle bin, etc. in the ‘Files to delete’ section. Then click Ok.
Your disk space will appear to have more free space which will lead to a better performance of your system.
Tip 2: Update all the drivers
If there is something wrong with your computer, then updating all your available drivers should be your prior option. You can choose to use any device to update your driver. It could be one of the best driver update software as third-party software or manually through a Windows update.
Tip 3: Clean memory to increase RAM
Random Access Memory keeps the programs that are, at the moment, running on your computer. If many programs are running on your system simultaneously, then it will possibly lead to slower functioning of your computer.
Some quick tips are given below for you to have a look and clean your system’s memory and increase your RAM.
- Remove the applications you don’t use anymore
By stopping the applications you’re not using currently, will help your system to clear memory faster.
2. Restart your computer
Just by restarting your computer, the running systems will be cleared, helping the memory to clear up.
3. Lesser desktop icons
By decreasing the number of desktop icons, the memory will have less usage
4. Install more RAM
By installing more RAM in your system, you won’t run on low memory any soon. We recommend you ask for the help of a technician to install RAM in your system successfully.
5. Remove all the duplicate photos.
In order to free up more memory space in your system, remove duplicate files and folders with the help of the best duplicate photo remover.
Tip 4: Install an SSD
Solid-state drives (SSD) are way smaller than hard drives (HDD). It is difficult to read the hard drives as they are comparatively slower. It is recommended to use SDDs to improve the performance of your system because they help the Windows to work better, load the applications quicker, and decrease the waiting time to a noticeable extent.
Installing SSD is a bigger task than installing RAM, a technician can do it better if you want it to happen successfully.
To know the disk type of your device, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Search System Information on the search bar and select from the result.
- Expand Components > Storage on the left. Then click on Disks. The type of disk will be shown in Model.
Tip 5: Update all of your available programs and system
By updating the programs and system of your computer, the latest technology will improve the system with the best performance.
To check updates for Windows 10 on your device, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Windows Key and X simultaneously to make the Settings window appear on your screen.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Then click Check for updates. If the update is available then windows will automatically start installing it.
To experience the better performance of your computer, make sure to keep your programs up-to-date.
Tip 6: Clear all the auto-launch programs and services
Removing the auto-launch programs and services from the taskbar helps the computer to boost up its speed.
If you wish to remove these from the taskbar, scroll down to these steps:
- Hold the Shift and Ctrl key together, and then the Esc key to make the Task Manager Window appear on your screen.
- Right-click the items you want to remove, shown under the Startup section.
And that’s how you boost up your computer’s performance. These tips must help you to resolve your system’s slow performance.