A stable internet connection is a must for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks. Most of the technical issues arise due to poor network and sometimes lead to QuickBooks Network Connection error. The error restricts the user from updating QuickBooks, and sending emails and stops many other processes. There are also some other reasons behind the error, such as incompatibility issues, insufficient rights, and an expired QuickBooks version. However, following a correct troubleshooting procedure can help fix the issue from the root. Through this advisory blog, we will brief you on causes and troubleshooting solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Network Connection Failure error, so stick to it until the end.
Do you require any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks Network Connection error? Reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Network Connection Failure error
The known causes of QuickBooks network connection error are as follows:
- Incorrect email settings in QuickBooks programs.
- Damaged or corrupted MAPI32.dll file.
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks and Outlook.
- Outlook is running in the background while sending an email using QuickBooks.
- There are some compatibility issues between QuickBooks Desktop version and MS Outlook.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Best Possible Solutions to Fix connection error QuickBooks
Solution 1. Set up secure webmail
- Open QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Click Send Forms, select Send Forms, and then Web Mail.
- Click Add, scroll the drop-down to select your service provider, and enter your email address.
- Click on the Use Enhanced Security checkbox and select OK.
- Sign in to your Intuit account when prompted and enter the user name you entered while connecting to QuickBooks.
- When the webmail login page appears, sign in and grant Intuit access.
Solution 2. Toggle email preferences
- Select the Send Forms tab and click QuickBooks Email instead of Web Mail.
- Click OK, open the Preferences window again and go back to the Send Forms tab.
- Now, change the preferences to Web Mail.
Solution 3. Run Verify and Rebuild Data to fix network connection error
- To verify, click the File menu and choose Utilities.
- If QuickBooks detects any issue with data, click OK. If Verify finds any data problem, you will be prompted to Rebuild it.
- To Rebuild: select the File tab and choose Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data and select OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
- When the Rebuild has completed message appears, click OK.
Solution 4. Run QuickBooks application as administrator
- Locate the QuickBooks icon, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, uncheck the Run this program as Administrator option and click on Show Settings for All Users.
- Click OK, exit the window and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
If the above troubleshooting solutions don’t work, update QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft Office to the latest releases.
This brings us to the end of our blog on QuickBooks network connection error. Hopefully, it helped you eliminate the issue from the root. If the problem persists, give a call on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Payroll Not Working