Learn everything about the Quickbooks Error Code PS033 in great detail.
The QB application helps small and medium business owners to realign their payroll systems. Also, it has helped millions of companies to pay the salaries of their employees timely and accurately. Apart from that, the payroll feature in the QB software has reduced the stress of sending employee payroll tax by making it user-friendly.
However, the real problem comes when the users face QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 on the QB desktop software. It usually occurs when the CPS folder is either damaged or corrupt. When this issue pops up, the users can not easily download their recent payroll updates. Such an interruption further causes the inability to open the company file of the user.
What Do We Mean By The Quickbooks Error Code PS033?
Whenever the users are downloading recently launched payroll updates, they might face the Quickbooks Error Code PS033. However, it may also show up when opening the company file. Following is the warning message that shows up whenever QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 occurs:
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files”.
Why Does The Quickbooks Error Code PS033 Pop Up?
Whenever users face Quickbooks Error Code PS033, they must look into the reasons that might be causing this issue. This way, one can reduce the chances of reappearance of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033. Read the list carefully:
- If the inactive direct deposit agreement has many active payrolls, this issue is bound to occur.
- Also, your payroll subscription is not active.
- If your QB desktop application file is corrupt, it will cause the error.
- The status of your application is not showing up as a valid number.
- Your company files PSID is incorrect and needs to be corrected.
- Your QB software and the system have to be compatible with each other given their latest versions.
- The Employer Identification Number, better known as EIN, might not be correct or valid.
- Your QB application is not updated to its recent version. One must note that they need the latest version of this application for the payroll feature to work effectively.
- When the payroll service key is either incorrect or has the wrong payroll service key it may prompt the bug to appear on your screen.
Ways To Fix The Quickbooks Error Code PS033
Refer to this list of the most effective solutions to troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error Code PS033. You will reduce your burden in no time!
Fix 1: Rename Your QB CPS Folder
- Firstly, the user has to follow this file path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Here, the QQ has to be replaced with the version of QB the user is currently using. For example 2018, 2019, and others.
- Also, rename the CPS folder that you just discovered to CPSOLD. Locate if the issue is fixed or not.
- Finally, the user has to update their payroll tax tables.
Fix 2: Reboot/ Troubleshoot In The Safe Mode
- Initially, the QB users have to click verify and rebuild data option in their QB application.
- Apart from that, update your software to its latest version.
- Also, restart the system using safe mode. Also, update your payroll tax tables.
- Lastly, users need to reboot their system.
We hope that this guide was helpful against the Quickbooks Error Code PS033. However, if the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 isn’t resolved, or reappears, you can get in touch with the error support team. This team comprises USA-based QB experts who have specialization in fixing payroll-related errors. Available 24/7, your problems will be resolved in no time.