2 Fruit Cake Ideas and Recipes
Birthdays, anniversaries, and celebrations are nature’s way of telling us to eat a cake. But, on the rest of the days as well; you can devour a cake because it’s healthy for your gut. You heard that right! We are talking about fruit cakes. Fruit cakes are baked with fruit purees and loaded with succulent fruit making for a sweet treat that is nutritious and healthy for the gut. We are going to share with you some fruit cake ideas and recipes.
Blueberry Cheesecake: A no bake cheesecake for the ones who love cheese a bit extra and are born with a sweet tooth. Swirling blueberry puree and chunks into the batter is a beautiful and delicious way to have a cake. Let’s begin with the recipe:
For blueberry puree
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
For The Crust
- 9 Graham crackers or plain biscuits
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 blocks of cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup blueberry puree
For the Top Layer
- Whipped Cream
- Wash and blend blueberries in a food processor until smooth. Make sure there are no chunks left in the puree.
- Take a saucepan, add puree, sugar, lemon juice and bring to a boil on a medium heat. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the quantity is reduced, stirring occasionally. Let it cool down at room temperature.
- For the crust: Crumble graham crackers/biscuits with melted butter and sugar in a blender until it starts looking like wet sand. Press it in a springform pan.
- To make the cheesecake: Take a large bowl and hand-held mixer or beater. Add cheese blocks and sugar, beat until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, with vanilla extract and sour cream, stirring occasionally. Finally add flour and puree. Mix until combined well. Pour the mixture over the prepared crust.
- Baking the cheesecake: Pour enough boiling water in the pan. It should come up halfway. Wrap the bottom with aluminum foil and keep the pan for baking. Bake until the centre of the cheesecake is slightly jiggly-wiggly.
- Take it out, let it cool and then refrigerate.
- Before serving, add a layer of whipped cream and blueberries. You can pour blueberry syrup over the whipped cream and then add chunks.
Assorted Fruit Cake: Turn any cake into an assorted fruit cake by adding layers of whipped cream and slices of seasonal fruits. You can go with any fruit choice that is available with you right at the moment. An easy way to satiate the sweet cravings as well as quench the thirst for juicy fruits.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
For Layering and Garnishing
- A handful of almonds
- Mix fruit
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat the cake pans with butter and flour, remove the excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Take another bowl, and beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Reduce the speed, add eggs and beat again. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Now, add flour mixture to it and occasionally add milk as you combine. Keep adding milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between prepared cans (You can skip this step if you do not want layers). Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or take a toothpick test to determine whether it has baked evenly or not.
- Slice fruits into bits and pieces (Not too small, but medium sized).
- Soak the almonds in hot water for a one hour or more, peel the skin and cut it into fine shavings.
- Beat the whipped cream in a bowl.,
- Spread whipped cream on the cake layers and cover the entire cake with cream frosting
- Spread assorted fruits on the top
- And coat the sides with almond shavings.
Bake these delicious fruit cakes and enjoy with your family. If in case, you are not in the mood, you can make cake delivery in faridabad of these two.
For the latest news and updates always keep eyes on Posting Tree.